Kit for the larger person??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

disconeil

Dec 30, 2010
south yorkshire
Hello you guys,
This is my first post after my intro. My question to the wise is; Does anyone know sellers of clothing for the larger chap? Being 6ft 4 and 50 inch chest I find it hard to get any gear and if i do it is the odd peice with dodgy colours.
I have searched through the old posts so as not to repeat this question.
Thanking you all in advance.
Neil

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Try some of the army surplus stores you should find what you need and you are pretty much guaranteed its going to be green

Jason

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Welcome aboard the 3XL train Neil, I feel your frustration.
Not sure where manufacturers get their averages from but there ain't much for us is there?
Choice is certainly restricted but there is some stuff available.
Helps if you are handy with a needle & thread.

As NLW says, what you after?

Ogri the trog

disconeil

Dec 30, 2010
south yorkshire
Thanks alot Jock, I should have thought about our American friends. I am looking for a waterproof,windproof jacket. If the chest fits the sleeves are too short!!!
We have a Decathlon store in Sheffield (about 15 miles) but i don't know much about them as a company i.e quality of their products.
Thanks Ogri, talking of needle and thread my missus as just invested in a sewing machine (lightbulb goes on) I can't sew to save my life i have sausage fingers.
The only trouble I have found with army surplus is there arn't many squaddies as PLUMP... as me, although years ago i found some dutch army surplus that fitted.
Thank you again.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
i saw an add for somewhere ages ago that was selling huge army stuff, your comment of plump squaddies reminded me of it. they had combat jackets and trousers in big sizes, now no joking and sniggering at the back please, but they put 2 girls in the trousers one in each leg and did them up, and the same for the jacket, so the big sizes must be there somewhere! tho i think the biggest chest size in army stuff is now 120 cm's, but a search of the evil bay might bring up some obscure old stock. probably easier to go for civvy stuff anyway that goes to bigger sizes.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I'd be interested if anyone knows where I can get good size 14 wide fitting shoes... like gold dust :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE