Kindle fire HD

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
anyone use the Kindle Fire HD ?

i'm about to commit to a tablet device and these are looking good.............any user experiences with them ?

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
I can only comment about the kindle fire, which I'm using now. Had it nearly year and it does everything I need; books, Internet browsing, a couple of game apps, films and a bit more. Down side, no upgrading memory size. Mine crashed on Sunday by either wife or kids messing with it or the memory was full and it had a wobble. I lost all my saved music, photos, and videos that I'd loaded my self. All the books bought from Amazon were fine as they are stored in the magic cloud in the sky.

If I was to look again, I would probably get a hudl as that is HD, camera and you can add memory; and then a add the kindle app.

All the best.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I bought a Hudl from Tesco a couple of weeks ago and haven't looked back, I've only ever had Apple products before and just thought iPad was too expensive. The Hudle does everything I want and loads of free apps available from Google. Excellent product :)

dj77

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2010
South West, UK
I too switched to tablet and bought a Hisense Sero 7 pro 32GB from Ebuyer and am very pleased with it. I especially like the fact that it has a mini HDMI port so I can stream internet videos straight to the TV :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
Well, I replied to your post this morning Robbi, using my kindle fire on the talktalk app, whilst having a contemplation moment :)

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I would avoid the Kindle. It is effectively a closed system unless you jig about with it a lot and alter things. The same goes for the Nook HD+ which at least has the advantage of a much bigger screen and higher res image for the same kind of money. For general out of the box easy use the Hudl is a good option especially if you use your tesco club card points to knock down the price. We bought two for the kids and I think the final bill was £55 for the pair of them.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The Kindle is tied into Amazon a lot and the google apps are limited. Look at reviews of the Tesco Hudle, £119.99, full access to the play store, great display, good battery life and for your kindle books just install the free Kindle app.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Got a Kindle Fire last Xmas. Don't know if it's the best out there and certainly some apps won't work on it, but it does everything I want from it (inc. posting here!) in a neat and efficient little package.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE