Digital Documentation.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Digital Documentation and back ups.

Those things that maybe would be problematic of a fire took your house.

Medical Documents
Mortgage details
Driving Licence
Bank Details and Accounts
Credit Card Details.

What else could be added to the list? I've purchased a little wearable NFC device and looking to upload.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Most stuff is digital or saved online anyway, but if you want an additional back up then I'd also consider making sure you have your monthly bills documented, especially if you don't pay via direct debit...
Council tax, utilities etc... these are the morons you'll spend HOURS on the phone to as you try to explain that whilst you'd love to pay last months bill it's very hard on account of a lack of details and a burned down house only for them to not give a hoot...

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Passport.
Phone numbers of people you might need to contact in an emergency. If you're anything like me I've forgotten so many numbers because they're stored in my phone, not my head now

Reactions: TeeDee

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
Do you think you can apply for a council tax discount if your house is burned down?

I just looked this up. Some councils offer 50% discount for uninhabitable property, I think a few might give a full discount for such special circumstances. It appears to vary locally however.

I'd add Will to the list. You may not get out after all...... :eek:

Last edited:

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Information about any Will?

Funnily enough there was something on this on Radio 4 a couple of weeks ago.
Storing these documents is one thing, but if you suddenly cark it, how are people going to know they are there or even access them?
So many people have passwords on their phones, laptops, and tablets.
The important thing is to ensure someone else knows where these detail are and know any relevant passwords.
Otherwise, to all intents and purposes, they don't exist.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Similar concept but slightly off topic, consider sharing your find my iPhone/location app with a trusted friend or relative. If you do go missing this can save a lot of time

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE