Kifaru loveliness for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bingobadgo

Jan 13, 2007
England
I have an Xray for sale, it looks exactly like the one in the link below. I only used it for one weekend, its a great size for one person but i need more room to take my wifes gear too. It is as i received it from the factory, no alterations or damage. These come with a lifetime warranty as well, if it ever breaks just send it back to Kifaru and they will fix it. The current waiting list is in the region of 6 to 8 weeks for this pack.

£180 plus shipping.SOLD

http://www.kifaru.net/MGXray.htm

It includes the belt, and 3 extra internal pockets, but no external ones. Total list price is about $400 (£210 ish) and i have already paid the tax and duty on this, saving you another £50.

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
Mainly because they are so expensive, hardly anyone has got one, so nobody has heard of them.

I have had the pleasure of using one, they are quite simply AWESOME and for the little extras, for £180 in virtually new condition, thats a bargain.

I hope it goes to a good home because if i had a spare £180 notes lying around i would have snapped this up.

Its the RM Woodlore of the Rucksack World :lmao:

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
I recently acquired a Kifaru Marauder, which is a similar sized pack (actually a bit bigger than the XRay) and they are fantastic. The "Omni-belt" system is fantastic. When I first got it, I though, wow, this belt is really wide and very thin, but that's the whole point, it conforms to the shape of your hips and hugs them beautifully. Then you cinch up on the delta straps and it all snugs up to your lumbar region. Really, really comfortable. The belt, being so thin, also tucks away if you dont want to use it, or you can take it off altogether. The shoulder straps are spaced right, so they dont pinch your neck or chaffe the sides of your pecs (I have a 48 inch chest) and they are bomb-proof. Also covered in MOLLE, so you can tag almost anything onto them.

This video shows how it works. This isn't a large pack, but it uses the same omni belt system as the Marauder (40 litres) and the Xray (30 litres)...
http://www.kifaru.net/images/TG_fitrev4.wmv

They are very expensive, no question, but they are very, very good.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'd love one of these....

I presume that it was made to your measurements? If yes you might like to give a rough idea of how big you are/who it's suitable for.

Average, large, small......;)

bingobadgo

Jan 13, 2007
England
I dont know whether these are custom made, as opposed to adjusted at the factory to fit you. I am 6' tall, 16 st and 38" waist, i wear XL clothing, so fairly big. There is quite a bit of adjustment in all the straps though.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
I'd love one of these....

I presume that it was made to your measurements? If yes you might like to give a rough idea of how big you are/who it's suitable for.

Average, large, small......;)

By custom, they mean they are made to order with the options you select at checkout, eg colourways & accessories - I dont think there are many sizing options (I think it just determins how long they make the straps rather than different profiles, but I could be wrong). They are one size fits (almost) all, but they do have a lot of adjustment and do seem to be optimally sized for the "American" frame. I think what makes them so good, is that the way they adjust means you get a good, snug fit through a very broad range of body shapes and sizes. Though like anything, if you are right on either edge of the normal distribution curve, the fit is less likely to be a good one.

The main issue I would think is waist size, but as the omni belt is removable, you could order a replacement that better fits if it's too small or too big. They do make custom sized waistbelts according to your weight and waist size for $50/£25...
http://www.kifaru.net/MGomni.htm

bingobadgo

Jan 13, 2007
England
Thanks for that Martyn, i thought that was how it was done. There is a lot of adjustability in these packs, you can even bnd the stays to suit your back profile (i havent done this on this pack as it fitted fine the way it came).

bingobadgo

Jan 13, 2007
England
Its the best made bit of kit i have ever seen. You would have serious trouble ever damaging Kifaru gear. Quite a lot of US troops buy it for deployments, they have a message board full of glowing reports from them. It looks pretty cool too!

bingobadgo

Jan 13, 2007
England
Neither, it is foliage green. It is the colour shown in the link in my first post, its quite a silvery green almost like German Feldgrau but a bit greener.

bingobadgo

Jan 13, 2007
England
Yes Martyn, all webbing, zips and plastic hardware are foliage green. Its a very good match with the cordura actually. Go on, you know you want it!

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Another Kifaru recommendation from me, I've got three of models now, the best packs I've ever used and the only people I buy packs from now. If you use packs a great deal and in demanding enviroments Kifaru are worth the money.

The waist belt size and back shape do vary depending on what you fill out on your order form, but there is also plenty of adjustment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE