Khukuri's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Geoffrey

Forager
Oct 3, 2004
Maine
Hi all I am looking for a Khukuri.

I am looking for a no frills using tool. Well made but not overly expensive. I like the HI kukris, but I am wondering if anyone has tried the Khukuri House

http://www.thekhukurihouse.com/index.php

I am interested in their Jungle Model or the Service No 1.

has anyone heard of this company? Are these using blades or tourist blades?

I do not mind a basic knife, if I had more money I would get a HIMALAYAN IMPORTS kukri, but alas I do not.

Anyway any information would be great. Any leads on good places to buy kukris would be great, and any ideas of North American retailers would also be great.

Thanks.

Geoffrey.

Mar 7, 2004
Geoffrey said:
Anyway any information would be great. Any leads on good places to buy kukris would be great, and any ideas of North American retailers would also be great.

Thanks.

Geoffrey.

I have the mini-jungle. Really too small to be much of a a chopper. I haven't used it much, the workmanship is good on the blade, the small knife is pretty useless, the bunisher is ok, the sheath is mostly functional but being a lefty I pay sheaths no mind in any case.

Can't really say anything about the metals temper though.

Hope that is some help.

Web

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
There are a couple of threads about kuks already, I think at least one of them mentions the Khukri House. Do a search on it.

Mark

Moff8

Forager
Jul 19, 2004
Glasgow
If you go onto the HI forum they do really good deals of the day - not everyday - but you need to be quick as the sharks are quick. There are some really good Khuks for $50 - $90 HI forum

Thomas

familne

Dec 20, 2003
Fife
I've ordered from the khukuri house and they seem well made and delivery was surprisingly quick. Or you could try Tora which are also excellent.

Furface

Jan 13, 2005
Gloucester
Hi Geoffrey,

A friend of mine was at the khukuri house only a month ago, so if you want to talk to someone with first hand experience, drop me a PM for his e-mail and phone number.

Bottom line, they are the real deal. No mysterious or fancy metals, they use leaf springs from old army trucks. They make khukris for the army and local police. The proprietor is ex British Ghurka. It takes one week to make each knife, forged and tempered by hand. :eek:\\:

My friend brought me an unfinished Jungle. Not had a chance to use the blade because I want to attach it to a tulwar handle, but if looks and feels good and is razor sharp. (Having problems getting the handle, but that's another story.)

Both the Jungle and service models are quite long blades, with a surprisingly thick spine. If you prefer a deeper, more curvatious blade, the village series might be a good choice.

If you want a letter openner, they'll make you one, if you want dragons engraved on the side, sure, but their main trade is in knives intended for use. :eek:T:

(In case you hadn't noticed, I like khukri :naughty: )

CanRanger

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2004
Canada
home.cogeco.ca
Hi Here is a picture of my Kurkri I got it from a elderly couple who travel to operate a Tibet shop and bed and breakfast. I bought it from the wife nice little old lady only killed people on Sunday with it very low milage.
kurkri2.jpg

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
This is mine ,i used it for a while but i'd rather have my SFA for serious chopping.
382_8269_1.jpg

rb

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE