Keyring Pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
A pouch for your keys :D

Made this one to try out the new hardware I've bought and also the two part rivets. Works really well. First time I am using steel hardware in my leather product. Given the choice, I would still prefer brass but they don't make these things in brass or at least, I have not found them yet.

Used rare earth magnets again on this one because I don't have nickel plated press studs. At least now it can be used as a fridge magnet :D

singteck

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
Wow!... your work is always meticulously finished. It's almost as though it's been done under a microscope!

You'll have to do a search, but you can find brass plated hardware equal to what you are using now. You could also contact a jeweler for gold plating... and that would look pretty similar.

neodymium magnets have so many uses.... excellent work ST.

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
Thank you

I was thinking of solid brass hardware. I can get the steel ones ready coated in brass and gold with no problem, they are available but not the solid brass.

Cheers

singteck

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
Another idea just popped into my head: Goto a local fishing tackle dealer and see if they have brass clasp swivels! (the kind for sea fishing like these or these)... you won't be able to get the actual wire part in brass because brass is waaaaay to flimsy to have any amount of stability.... as for the plate, you'll have to get some brass plate and do a little bending and filing to get the same look.

Snip off the barrel attachment (or leave it).. and do a little magic with some brass mounting plate, and you'll be in like flint!:D

will look into a couple of other options also.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE