kershaw knifes infomation ?????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 27, 2004
wiltshire
hi all as i put in a thread somwhere i got a kershaw antolope fixed blade knife and it is in AUS 8 STEEL i called them after a lenghty search i found a number to call the chap on the other end of the phone assures me that my new knife called an ANTOLOPE is a perfect knife for bushcraft or survival as he called it i was wondering if any body has any info on AUS8 steel and fixed blade kershaw blades

many thanks

paul in swindon

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Is this the one your talking about.

If so personally I wouldn't choose it (I am have very little knowlodge of knives) as the handle looks like it my restrict or at least make it a little uncomfortable carving in different direction as I tend to change my grip for different cuts say caving a spoon of example.

One of the knife experts here or on BirtishBlades might help more.

James

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
Paul, is your knife the antelope ll with phenolic ( black plastic) handle? the knife shown by James is the Deer hunter with a choil ( half circle) cut out of the blade belly with upgraded cosmetics ( your paying for pretty.). AUS 8 is a good stainless steel used in many knives. I could dazzle you with a % rundown of the materials and why it's 'better' than 440 C or less than ideal vs S30V. It's a nice steel, 'nough said. Your knife is more of a dedicated hunting knife for butchering. The classic drop point for skinning and avoiding puncturing organs is happily also very good at most chores in the field. The fingergrooves are a design concept to reduce hand slippage when your up to your elbows in blood, gore and guts. It does limit the ways you can regrip the knife for various jobs and if your hand radically differs in size from the factory 'ideal' will prove uncomfortable. The deep sheath is excellent. Overall Kershaw makes quality products. How much did you pay? For the domestic price they are a good deal and vastly superior to a baker's dozen competitors I can name offhand. The salesman? well, he was selling his product. I would have addressed the qualities I covered and asked what YOU need. He just might have put you into a more expensive knife. You did O.K. The knife will work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE