Keeping my hand in...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Just to keep my hand in I have been doing a bit of knapping recently
This is the result of a days play...
002-1.jpg

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Very nice John, it's a skill I'd love to learn, unfortunately we don't get a great deal of flint here in Derbyshire :)

Cheers,

Stuart.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Each one takes on average about an hour - including roughing out, busting good blanks, swearing, starting again and hoovering my workroom at the end!
I have no flint in my area and rely on friends bringing me prezzies when they visit from flinty areas (thanks Biker, Jean and Greg!)- and some good flakes from courses I organised with Karl Lee, Flint Genius and good fella :)

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
....I have no flint in my area and rely on friends bringing me prezzies when they visit from flinty areas (thanks Biker, Jean and Greg!)- and some good flakes from courses I organised with Karl Lee, Flint Genius and good fella :)

I need some friends who live on the chalk.

Anyone with flint under their feet want to be my friend? :eek:

Cheers,

Stuart.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Very nice stuff John, lets see them mounted and in action! ;)
I did attach a couple of others to shafts and loosed them at targets - one is embedded in our garden behind my target, one is in the bottom of one of the compost bins when I missed the target and hit the base of the bin (thick plastic) - I got the arrow out... but the barbs worked and the head remains in the bin - to be retrieved when the bin is emptied (hopefully!)

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Great work there John, one of the skills I would like to learn, I livin an area where I can find flints that are as big as your head... :)

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
In a few thousand years time archaeologists will be forced to re-think their notion of when the age of stone tool-making died out after a groundbreaking find in south west Wales :news:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE