Karrimor Sabre alternatives?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
I'm not much of a kit person, preferring to home-make things when I can and relying on knowledge rather than expensive kit made by the current 'in' company.
Having said that, the one area I don't mess about with is packs because if one of them fails half way through a hike in the middle of nowhere then you're pretty much stuffed!
Bearing that in mind, I'm looking for a new pack and have had my eye on the Karrimor Sabre 45 with side packs.
I've read reviews and looked around on here and it seems to be pretty good but can anyone recommend any alternatives that are just as good?

Anything that is roughly the same in operation (eg the side pockets) and size. And I like to blend in, so let's keep it green folks, none of this bright red mountaineering stuff ;) :D

Thanks people :)

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Try the snugpack rocketpack. Quite similar to the sabre 45 - separate yoke for carrying the side pockets as a day pack.
:)

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
leon-1 said:
You could try looking around for an LK35 Swedish pack. Quite a few of the guys have them and they are a reasonable price:)

To save a lot of trouble looking for one here's a link

My old mate used to have one of those external-frame packs and I borrowed it a few times but could never get on with it, I just didn't find it comfortable at all.
It's a shame because it's dirt cheap!

Peter Pan

Jan 9, 2006
Acton, London
I like yourself keep things simple,though a good rucksack is essential. I would suggest the Highlander rucksack. Tough reliable and in green. It is also alot cheaper. Worth a try.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
-Switch- said:
half way through a hike in the middle of nowhere

How far will your hikes be? I have a Sabre 45 which I use to travel to and in the forests and hills where I live, but it does a very basic back system and I wouldn't use it for any serious trekking.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE