Karrimor Sabre 45l or Predator 45l or something else

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 5, 2017
Croatia
Hi,
I want to buy military backpack primarily for hiking,camping and traveling but I need help to chose one.
Currently I have one-day backpack 30L and large Mile Dragic ATU 100+20L backpack (this one is big for me because im 175cm tall), and I need another one for traveling and camping (45-80l) in price range up to 140e.

I found two interesting backpacks:
Karrimor SF Sabre 45l and
Karrimor SF Predator 45l

Predator have molle and its more modular than Sabre, on other side Sabre have better hip support... Do you have experience with these backpacks?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Of the two I'd go for the Sabre. Easily.
I like the look of the Predator, but it is much heavier than the Sabre, and really is designed to be worn with webbing.
If you like MOLLE (I do!) then you can buy MOLLE side panels which zip on to the sides of the Sabre which will give you that flexibility you might be looking for.
Here you are:
http://www.kitshoponline.co.uk/karr-sf/predator-molle-panel-plce-single/

Although it says 'Predator' they fit on the Sabre as well (I have them on mine!), in fact they'll fit on any pack with PLCE compatible side zips.

Feb 5, 2017
Croatia
Of the two I'd go for the Sabre. Easily.
I like the look of the Predator, but it is much heavier than the Sabre, and really is designed to be worn with webbing.
If you like MOLLE (I do!) then you can buy MOLLE side panels which zip on to the sides of the Sabre which will give you that flexibility you might be looking for.
Here you are:
http://www.kitshoponline.co.uk/karr-sf/predator-molle-panel-plce-single/

Although it says 'Predator' they fit on the Sabre as well (I have them on mine!), in fact they'll fit on any pack with PLCE compatible side zips.

Thanks Wander, this PLCE Molle panel is great!
Is there any way to 'install' MOLLE panel to front of Sabre (I need it for FirstAid kit)? and is this side pocket compatible with Sabre 45l?

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
Predator: definitely not. Reason: bad hip belt. You need something to transfer the weight to your hips well.
Sabre: carries a lot better.
What do you need the modularity for? Does your loadout of the stuff which you attach to the outside of your pack change that much? Molle is a downside for me. Adds weight, lowers water resistance, and upsets the balance of the pack when attaching more than some very light things to the outside of the pack.

Which would i choose: neither.

I love my Sabre, but i love my back and knees more and want something a bit lighter. At the moment i'm still using my sabre, but am trying to decide which pack i want for longer term use. The Osprey exos is one of the choices i'm looking at, and the Sierra Designs Flex capacitor is another.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
My Karrimor 60-100 is very comfortable and I can carry even the kitchen sink 😏
Maybe there is more comfortable packs out there but I'm happy with that one ...
👍

Feb 5, 2017
Croatia
Lowe Alpine Sting - very comfortable and a nice size!

I was looking for this backpack but its very hard to find it on market.

@What do you need the modularity for?
I need to set FirstAid kit pack at front.

@Wander
This Molle panel is excellent. If i buy Sabre, i need to add Molle panel on front.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2017
Croatia
Few days ago I got delivery Sabre 45 backpack.
First impression is great, it fits on my back perfectly, hip belt is on right place for me (I'm 175 cm tall) and there is enough space for my staff (even at winter conditions).

Yesterday I was hiking with backpack (with my stuff weight was about 10.5 kg) and backpack was very comfortable. Trail is long about 12 kilometers and its medium difficult terrain.

At next few days I will progressively increase weight of backpack and trail length, so I will write my impressions.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE