Karrimor Sabre 45 (for an 11 year old?)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

EarlyRiser

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2009
Perthshire
My son is almost eleven and has his heart set on a Sabre 45.

I suspect it’ll to be too big for him although I have a 40+8 Vango pack which he’s tried on and that looked OK (ish). There’s nowhere near by that we can try one so I was hoping someone on BCUK might be able to help.

He’s currently using a 35 litre pack from Millets which he’s had since he was six and which is still going strong. The plan is to pass this down to his little brother when he gets a replacement.

Could anyone give me an idea of the minimum height you’d need to be to use a Sabre 45 and how small the waist belt adjusts to? How much adjustment is there in the shoulder straps?

Many thanks.

Tom

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
This summer my son, 12 years old, took the Sabre with no prob. It must be said that he's quite tall but my guess is that any child in the 1,5-1,6 mt range should have no problems.
Both shoulder straps and waist belt, IMO the real items that could be problematic, id not pose a problem; i.e. adjustable to fit a child.

Ideally the whole should not weigh more than 10-12 kg, still giving ample room for tarp, mat, sleeping bag etc. Until this summer I had to carry most of his gear and you can immagine that I was relieved:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE