Karrimor Sabre 30 question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

twdi

Mar 8, 2010
Netherlands
Hi,

I'm considering this bag for militairy use (national guard) as daypack but also for mountainbiking. The shop where I looked at this bag, made me doubt to buy it. Why? Well, they said the hip straps where unneeded in their point of view and due to the small size, the straps are a bit to high on the body when used. Literally he said: they are more like 'breast straps' then hip straps. :)

Does this sound familair for users of this bag?

If you also use it for biking, how does it sit on your back?

Thanks in advance

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Seems a strange thing for them to say. The 30 is great and the straps are made to sit above an equipment belt so you can still wear webbing and a knife with the sack on. I'm 6ft 2ins and doesn't ride high on me. Perfect for what you are looking for IMO. I wear mine while biking.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Hello
The guy in the store was right about the hip straps,to high. I had a Karrimor sabre 30 and found it a piece of junk (my view) as for using it for biking you will find it moves around too much on your shoulders,must be something to do with the mesh material on the straps and and padding.No side pouches as such,only little pockets with a hole on, a lid pocket and bungee cord (which catches on everything if you are in dense woodland) on the lid. Save your money and try something else. This again is my view, there are others out there that would sing its praises.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
The belt is NOT a load carrying waist belt and was never designed as such,It's a stabilising belt to stop the sack swaying from side to side.It does this admirably.
The chap in the shop doesn't seem to have much idea about different sacks for different things.

twdi

Mar 8, 2010
Netherlands
That's also an good explanation for the hip straps. Actually you don't put that mutch weight in this back to really need hip straps. If I could use it for mountainbiking, I only put in some spair clothes and repair stuff.

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
It will be fine for mountainbiking as long as you don't overload it.Carry the same when riding as you would when walking.If you look at any other 30L sack you'll see they all have the same type of belt.A stabilising belt.

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
The material is stronger and the whole sack is just better quality.I have had both but prefer the lowe alpine it's so much better quality.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE