Karrimor Predator 30

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
they are my favorite of the most popular bushy type bags in the 30ltr range

Better/more features than a sabre 30 or munro. And if you want to add pouches i think "sustainment" pouches, a waterbottle pouch or an omni pouch on the front is a better size For a 30ltr Pack than plce pockets on a centurio

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Get one !, I've used an old karrimor hot rock, for many years, it now leeks & stinks to be frank !. I have tried other models & makes then always gone back to the hot rock(its the fore runner of the sabre 30), so before Christmas I treated myself, to a predator 30 while they were on offer. Its a style & size that suits me & I'm happy with, it feels substantial, hold everything I need it to, has the side straps that will hold an axe & a bucksaw, a great pack.

Rob

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Best 30L pack available, in my view; it seems smaller when you don't need the space and bigger when you do :)

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
I already have the older Karrimor Hotrock 30 (in olive) and have had it for many years. Still in excellent condition. I also have a Karrimor Jaguar S65. Another excellent rucksack but too big as a day sack.

My wife has a newer version of the same pack (Hotrock 30) and, to my mind, it's a bit rubbish. The lid is oversized and unbalances the whole pack. So, she's going to have my old Hotrock and I'm going to have the Predator 30 (in olive). 30L is big enough for most activities, especially with the option to add pouches.

I intend to make my own pouches, so they are custom made to my needs. I have ordered an Omni pack (as suggested) to fully understand how the molle systems works. I'm also considering retro fitting some molle to my old Hotrock 30, so pouches can be added to that.

I bought the pack from Kit Monster at the bargain price of £59. Unfortunately, the pack isn't in stock until the 28th April, so I've got a bit of a wait :(

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Got mine from sports soccer, they were about £40 last year. Sounds like you've taken more care of your hot rock than I have of mine !

Rob

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
That's a real bargain.

Unfortunately, Kit Monster advised me there was a further delay to the order (mid May), so I cancalled my order and went with Soldier of Fortune instead. They are charging £69 :(

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
The pack arrived today, complete with a Quick Release Omni pouch. I've attached the pouch using the recommended weaving between the webbing on the pack and the pouch. However, when the weaving is complete, rather than there being a press stud, there's a stiff length of webbing at the end of the strap. I'm not entirely sure how to finish off the weave and secure the end and have been unable to find any guidance online.

Anyone got any tips?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE