Karrimor boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
Does anyone have any Karrimor KSB boots?

I have heard that they used to be fantastic boots, but they have recently changed their manufacturer and the build quality has gone down hill a bit?

I have seen some eVENT lined boots for 50 quid down from £100 in Millets, and I was thinking of giving them a shot. I also suffer from hot sweaty feet so am thinking the lining might help to keep them cool.

cheers

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I have a pair of their KSB trail shoes which I can't complain about. They're about 4 years old and still going strong. Maybe I was just lucky as I've also heard some bad reviews on the newer ones.

Sports Soccer sell a quite a big range of their boots so might be worth a look if you've got one near you. I think the Newcastle chairman Mike Ashley owns them so there could be some bargains about at the minute :)

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
i usually get karrimors because they are sold dead cheap in TK maxx. I normally get the leather walking boot types which last over a year with some severe abuse. I got the textile ones this year for the summer but they are making my feet very smelly. :eek:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Have to say they're just not the same anymore.

I won't be buying any again.

Just got some Hi Tec v-lite fabric boots that seem well built £49 locally.
I'll see how they fare for everyday wear.

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Iv'e had a couple of pairs of the KBS Skye 300's (all leather model) fail on me on both occasions the sole plate inside cracked across the ball of the foot. Lucky I got both pairs replaced under warranty (12 months on footwear for manufacturing faults;) ).

I'm now on my third pair whch were made in China and they seem OK and I've had them about 2 years.

Also got a pair of Brasher's in the Black's sale for £50 and they're great:D

Richard

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Event KSB. Great boot for £50 ! Had mine 4years now,done three, 34mile day events over Dartmoor in the last 4 years in them ,no problems. However I do 'run hot' and will only be buying unlined Leather boots from now on,I find any lined boot too hot any they are hell to dry when you do get them wet!
Chris.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Hi,

The original KSB's were made in Italy by an company called Garmont under some sort of contract to Karrimor IIRC... Back when Karrimor was a force to be reckoned with outdoor kit wise.

I had a pair which I suppose I would have bought in 1988 or something that lasted with some extended use until about 2004 without any problems ( so 12 months of 'hard use' seems a bit short IMHO) they're now hanging in the shed a testament to quality and comfort. They were very popular with the blokes in my unit and got used all over the place. Not at all water proof but very fast drying and nice and light and comfy when moving at speed with kit and a Bergen..

On a trip back to Pomgolia last year I saw some of the latest KSB offerings in TK Maxx and there is no way they are the same quality as the 'original' KSB's. However I note most of Garmont's own range of 'approach shoes' are made in China and most of their boot range is made in Romania.

I tend to find with Outdoor footwear you get what you pay for... La Sportiva make some very good boots no connection just a more than satisfied user...

Cheers

John

Praetorian

Aug 1, 2008
West Midlands, U.K.
I beleive Karrimor have been taken over by Sports Direct.
The cheaper, budget range of boots are total carp.
However if you go for the more expensive ones you'll find they're still the same quality as before.

At the end of the day, "you get what you pay for".

Stu.

michaelp

Jul 5, 2009
stony stratford
A friend of mine has a pair, he really likes them. I plumped up the extra cash for a pair of Brashers though, which I have abused for months and they still look new. Comfy from the second they went on too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE