Just saying hi - Intro post

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 17, 2007
Hey there forumites,

Been browsing this site for a while now and just bit the bullet and registered, you sound through your posts a nice bunch so i thought i'd introduce myself somewhat.

Im John, 23 from Grimsby in Lincolnshire,
Just recently finished a course on Countryside Management at Bishop Burton College which was a course i picked due to its large range of activites and academic pies inwhich to delve fingers in. I love being outside so i wanted to see what fields of work there are and what kind of qualifications and knowledge are needed to progress into them.

Love for the outdoors goes back further than i can remember, more "heard" really from family members and ex-teachers about me running off on school trips and family pics of me in wellies with a michellin man appearence from layers in our regional woodland and parks.

Been on a woodlore course recently in June with a great bunch of peeps, luckily too it was from a one-off email to the company asking for some work expierence (i soon became the most envied person on my college course).

My main love for the outdoors, aswell as the scenery is the nutritional, medicinal and cooking methods available. I'm a fan of tracking, shelter building, mycology and making things such as small carving projects etc but my main love is cooking and what you can cook.

Unfortunately though, very recently i've dislocated my hip, and as it dislocated it decided to take a chuck of my pelvis with it skyward, so i've half a screwfix direct catalogue in me now . Booze was involved before you ask and i don' know the cause, i just woke up with it in the home of an old friend i'd tracked down from coming back from college.

So having to keep full weight off it for 3 months i'm going to take this rehabilitation period as a chance to learn more skills in knowledge form. Plant and animal families, nutrition, anatomy and medicine in more detail and the like.

So expect me to be around a fair bit, sharing and soaking up skills and knowledge :)
actually i'm looking forward to it :D

Nice to meet you,
John

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Welcome matey and bad one on the hip :eek:

This is a belting place to to spend those 3 months getting better and i hope you learn as much as i have since finding this place. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE