Just how thick will Ivy grow? (pic heavy)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I went for a wander today. I've had some successes recently while looking for some close but secluded spots.

Ok, so it's not Ivy (yet) and it's not a particularly good shot (further cropping destroys the pixellation), but it is the first time I've managed to get an in focus shot of a female Great Crested Grebe :D

s2020001avd8.jpg

Moon shot?

s2020018aqo0.jpg

Nope! It's the underside of this polypore ;)

s2020020aqd6.jpg

And, at last, the Ivy :),

s2020023ant2.jpg

Bit thick aren't they!

s2020024anm2.jpg

A rather elderly Jews Ear Fungus. The dark background behind the branch is my jacket which I had to use to stop the glare *fooling* the camera - It took me about 20 tries to get this shot!

s2020043azq0.jpg

Nature part of the way through recycling!

s2020062ada9.jpg

I must be sickening for something! Does this remind anyone of the video to Kate Bush's 'Heathcliffe'?

s2020064aaz2.jpg

I took this shot for two reasons - the way the tree(s) have grown and the colours (No it's not paint!). It wasn't until I was sorting through the pics on the computer that I saw the reptile head or eagle head (shapes in trees can be as bad as clouds and usually ruder!).

s2020066ane0.jpg

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi Robin,

From what I understand there have been no water voles sighted locally in ten years(ish). The holes were made by water voles prior to the area becoming unsuitable for them. The holes have survived because they fill with silt during *slow floods* and are then emptied by *fast floods*. The entire area directly behind those holes is now very 'boggy' and I'm not sure whether this would make (and keep?) the area unsuitable for the water voles to return to.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE