Just had a new sleeping bag delivered - Kifaru Slickbag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RachelUK

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2011
Hampshire
Can't wait to test this bag out! After being cold all the time sleeping out decided to go for this after reading all about Kifaru and reviews on this bag. I have a Big Agnes which has been great but the down gets damp so easily I wanted something that would not get affected by damp or condensation.

This is it: http://www.kifaru.net/slickbag.html I got the 20 degree (US) bag in wide (cause I am and like room). It wasn't cheap (by a long shot!) but this is a treat and sleep is so important when staying out.

If anyone is interested in this bag I will post some pics and my thoughts on it. I intend to test it out this weekend.

Cheers - Rachel

p.s. not affiliated with Kifaru etc.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Can't wait to test this bag out! After being cold all the time sleeping out decided to go for this after reading all about Kifaru and reviews on this bag. I have a Big Agnes which has been great but the down gets damp so easily I wanted something that would not get affected by damp or condensation.

This is it: http://www.kifaru.net/slickbag.html I got the 20 degree (US) bag in wide (cause I am and like room). It wasn't cheap (by a long shot!) but this is a treat and sleep is so important when staying out.

If anyone is interested in this bag I will post some pics and my thoughts on it. I intend to test it out this weekend.

Cheers - Rachel

p.s. not affiliated with Kifaru etc.

Sleep is extremely important. There's a nice quote by Mors somewhere.

I'd love to see more of this bag, maybe some sort of initial review?

I'm currently saving pennies for a Pointman and a Woobie :naughty:

RachelUK

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2011
Hampshire
Just stuffed and un-stuffed (is that a word!) it. Very easy to do. The pulls help - on the stuffbag. Just downloading some pics now , uploading shortly.

RachelUK

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2011
Hampshire
So here are some pics and initial thoughts - bare with me this is my first review.

Initial opening of the box and this thing is lofty! Lots of air seems to be in this and I am hopeful it will keep me warm. The fabric on the outside is pretty slick, not sure about the colour - shame it is brown on the outside as the green on the inside is quite nice. The fabric is called Rhinoskin its a ripstop material however I wouldn't want to have it directly on the ground as it is quite thin looking material. I would normally use a groundsheet and mat anyway so thats not a problem.

The fabric on the inside is similar to the outside only softer to the touch. This might get a bit sticky if your warm in the bag though. Again not an issue if you sleep in clothes or thermals or use a bag liner. The zip slides up and down nicely, doubt that would get snagged. It only goes 3/4 of the way so if you want a bag that fully opens this is not for you. The baffles around the neck and up the zip are super thick so no drafts there hopefully. I got the regular wide, it measures 80cm across at the widest point and 50cm at the feet.

I managed to stuff it really quickly, the stuff bag has a series of straps and pulls to get it small - I didn't take time to roll the bag super small but it's not bad for it's first roll up.

Anyway some pics:

Kifaru Slickbag Compressed & Stanley Flask .95ltr by Rachel_UK, on Flickr

Kifaru Slickbag Compressed & Stanley Flask .95ltr by Rachel_UK, on Flickr

Kifaru Slickbag Un-Compressed Stanley Flask .95ltr by Rachel_UK, on Flickr

Kifaru Slickbag Un-Compressed Stanley Flask .95ltr by Rachel_UK, on Flickr

Bag opening - lots of thick baffles by Rachel_UK, on Flickr

Kifaru SlickbagTop View by Rachel_UK, on Flickr

Kifaru Slickbag Bottom view by Rachel_UK, on Flickr

I hope that helps - let me know if you have any questions and I can try to help. Cheers

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
lookslike a great bag whats the price in £ s those flasks are good to regards dave

RachelUK

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2011
Hampshire
Cost was £272 inc shipping before duty which was £72 (ouch!). So £344 all in. So a lot no doubt for a sleeping bag, but it ticked more boxes than anything else I had seen and you can't put a price on a good nights sleep.

Yeah I love that flask - great bit of kit for £12.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Great to read such a positive review. I've had one for quite a while now and they are brilliant bags for 'living in' as it were as well as being light in weight, warm and hard wearing. I also bought a Woobie as a sort of booster if it gets a bit too chill and the combination is bomb-proof. I'd also add four cheers for the compression sack - a really well thought-out sack that compresses your sleeping bag in the right direction.

Well done, Rachel, for a great choice. You will love it even more in use!

As ever, I've absolutely no association with Kifaru etc..

RachelUK

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2011
Hampshire
Thanks Tiley - I couldn't find many reviews in the UK so hopefully this will help if others are looking at it. It took all my willpower not to order a Woobie at the same time. Maybe a treat for xmas. :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE