Just finished

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

Hi guys this is one that I have just finished, bar waxing. I want your thoughts on how it could be improved. The triple CD gives an idea of scale as we all know how big they are.

smallpossiblestl9.jpg

leon-1

Don't see how that could be improved, looks great to me. Not bad choice in music either :) .

ATB....Stu

Thanks Stu, the music collection is a little eclectic so you were lucky on that one:D.

The pouch is based on the possibles pouch that I carry (the first wetform that I made), there is only one other and that one Eric has got.

On the original I used a toggle that I made from a bit of walnut that I had in the garage. I know from other threads that people like options on the closures (sam browne studs, press studs or toggles) and on colours (black not very popular, but browns and tans seem to be quite big).

Obviously the other thing is size, it's good for me, but I don't know what other people think.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Of course any CD left in a car for more than 6 months does metamorphose into "Queens Greatest Hits"

Nice work as always Leon - I like your toggles though (for practical reasons)

I'd love to see you use the closure system on my old possibles pouch (which is all leather and the best I've ever used)

Red

leon-1

Of course any CD left in a car for more than 6 months does metamorphose into "Queens Greatest Hits"

Nice work as always Leon - I like your toggles though (for practical reasons)

I'd love to see you use the closure system on my old possibles pouch (which is all leather and the best I've ever used)

Red

Red, stick up a pickie and I'll look into it, says the man currently waiting on antler toggles:rolleyes:.

You order the stuff, they say 1-2 weeks :(and then say it could however take a month:banghead:

I need to find a more reliable source:)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its a simple system but it locks up unbelievably tight - when its locked, I can pull full force with one hand and the lid won't open.

I like it becasue its repairable and nothing "wears out" (like poppers can or the leather round a Sam Browne)

This pouch was second hand when I got it but, although worn and stained, is still structurally sound - and the tabs keep working

Here is the pouch open

576012576_c53ecef582.jpg

This best illustrates how to close it

576012584_6dd65c2aed.jpg

Here it is fully closed

576012626_e41ceb0053.jpg

Shout if you need any other piccs to see how it works

Red

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Very interesting indeed Red. Let's see if I understand how it works. The lid has two pieces of leather attached, one thick with a horizontal slot, and one thinner that fits in the slot.

You push the thick bit down through the cross piece on the front. You bring the thin piece down over the front and push it through the slot.

You then pull it tight downwards from the back of the thick piece.

Am I correct?

Eric

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Cool! :D - both your pouch leon and Reds closure!

I used a similar catch once - not the best piccie but I think it shows the idea!

350430896_776ea6ab4d.jpg

there is a hole that the 'loop' fits through then a tab to tuck through to lock it

Though I think yours is more cunning and neat! ;)

leon-1

Nice work Graham, oh and happy Birthday:)

To do the one like reds you would need to have something like English Crew Punches of the correct size if you were to repeatedly get the slot correct.

If you were doing a one off, then cutting with a very sharp craft knife would be an option though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE