Just bought a stove

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
There are various folding canister supports available. I grabbed one from ebay for couple of quid and do the job nicely ;)

Aye though I was talking of the pot supports, notoriously unstable in that stove, canister supports are good though, especially if using the smallest cylinder on rougher ground.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Blacks seem to be doing the cheapest Coleman gas at the moment. I think the big cans were only £6.00 or so which I remember as being a good deal cheaper than Go Outdoors were charging.

billymitchell90

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2013
Scotland, Dundee
that is a very large reduction in size billymitchel, I thought you where after something only a little smaller than the bistro type stove. You'll be able to take a much smaller bag now, or lots more stuff ! As others have pointed out the cartridges are very widley avaliable. Re your last thread, once you get used to that stove, get a remote feed with a preheater, they are a step up, avaliable from sports direct for 20 quid.

Nb. Camping gaz, now owned by coleman(strange considering the cartridges and stove design), spelt Campingaz, as one word. Personally the twist and click system is best, no fiddly threads to clog, wear out, and very fast and simple.

cheers guys ! And cool what is this stove ? You got a picture or link

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
cheers guys ! And cool what is this stove ? You got a picture or link

Your pics have disappeared but think it was this: -
LINK

If you were asking about a remote cylinder something like this: -
LINK You can get much cheaper, just make sure it's got a preheat tube. (The brass tube that goes over the burner head - stops flare ups which is important if you move the fuel cylinder about).

Camping gas (click system/Twister system): -
LINK I know some have said this is a stronger fitting - it isn't (I've done tests, though it wont blow up if you do separate them and it's pretty unlikely anyway) But the plastic will wear/become brittle over time.) - My opinion. Plus the gas isn't as good as some in colder conditions.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
No Jedi Master here......Knight maybe :) Ian has a wealth of knowledge and is a far better maker of 'Frankenstoves' than I but thanks for the compliment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE