Just bought a stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

billymitchell90

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2013
Scotland, Dundee
ref=mw_dp_img_4

ref=mw_dp_img_3

Anyone know where to get decent price gas to fit this? Cheers guys

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Anywhere that sells gas for camp stoves, really. Shop around for the best prices. This time of year the bigger supermarkets have gas, Wilko's etc.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Billy, it's a standard gas thread for camping stoves. Will take Coleman C100, C250 & C500 , MSR & EPIgas (if there are any kicking around anywhere still.) Tiso, Blacks all the usual suspects in Dundee sell them. Look like this.

Don't buy the Camping Gaz clip fit by mistake, looks like this.

ATB,
GB.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Anywhere that sells camping gas, really. Shop around for the best prices. This time of year the bigger supermarkets have gas, Wilko's etc.

Bilmo it's a thread fit not a clip fit, not easy to see in the photo though. Camping Gaz wont fit (even though Camping Gaz and Coleman are one company these days.)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I've only ever used the big gas canisters never used these ones does it screw in ?

Yup it's a screw fit self sealing cartridge. Dead east to fit, safe and pretty strong. Means you can disassemble the stove from cartridge for packing. Just try not to get muck/detritus in the seals.

billymitchell90

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2013
Scotland, Dundee
Hi Billy, it's a standard gas thread for camping stoves. Will take Coleman C100, C250 & C500 , MSR & EPIgas (if there are any kicking around anywhere still.) Tiso, Blacks all the usual suspects in Dundee sell them. Look like this.

Don't buy the Camping Gaz clip fit by mistake, looks like this.

ATB,
GB.

Thank you for your help! Can't wait to use it and test it out so much smaller than the old thin I was usin haha

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Just remember that that stove has fairly small pot supports and they're angled, always hold onto your pot when stirring. Other wise your tea will be on the floor, it also puts out a really good heat but it's concentrated in the centre of the pan. food can be burnt in the middle and stone cold at the edges - especially dependant on the pots you use. So especially if you have it turned up high - KEEP STIRRING.

If in doubt about fitting - take it into the shop when your getting gas and the assistant if they're worth their salt will show you how it all goes together.

Great wee stoves - and for that price can't really be beat.

Have fun,
GB.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
My apologies, you used an "S" rather than a "Z". Sorry Bilmo. Pavlovian response from me, used to get folk picking up the wrong cylinders for the wrong stoves.

Sorry again.

GB.

Nay, it's me who should be apologising for wording my post so poorly. It was not my intention to confuse.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
that is a very large reduction in size billymitchel, I thought you where after something only a little smaller than the bistro type stove. You'll be able to take a much smaller bag now, or lots more stuff ! As others have pointed out the cartridges are very widley avaliable. Re your last thread, once you get used to that stove, get a remote feed with a preheater, they are a step up, avaliable from sports direct for 20 quid.

Nb. Camping gaz, now owned by coleman(strange considering the cartridges and stove design), spelt Campingaz, as one word. Personally the twist and click system is best, no fiddly threads to clog, wear out, and very fast and simple.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE