June 3 + 4 + 5: Dartmoor anyone ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
Then there's Foxtor Mires, the Great Grimpound Mire and Cranmere Pool, I wouldn't want to see anybody innocently wander into them - and disappear without trace. :)

These would be my favourites !

To be honest, and because I don't have too many opportunities to discover the UK (it's been 2 years I've moved to London and I haven't seen much besides...Central London), I'd be more than happy to spend most of the bank holidays in Dartmoor rather than watching the Queen's jubilee festivities (sorry Elizabeth, I got better things to do):lmao:

So maybe for me, I could be leaving Paddington early on Sat 2nd may then going back to London leaving Dartmoor on Tuesday 5th in the morning ? I would like to make the most of it and because I've seen many nice pictures of Dartmoor, this outdoor trip makes it even more interesting !

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Bruce, great news mate, i should go and sulk for a few days a bit more often , dear Mr Newman has very kindly done nearly all the leg work on this one .

Organising transport ,schedules , timings etc well done pal just the catering to do !

I have seen train arrival times and pick up points via PM , nice not to have to lift a finger good old Sticky, he is just going to deliver you to the woods .

Really looking forward to meeting you ,spending a few quality days showing off our beautiful National Park , don't worry you are in very safe hands .

Atb Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Oi Itchy! Whats all this about sea fishing ? There ain't no sea on Dartmoor ,you sugar coated bakery item ! I know he's French but how you gunna pull that one off? Think you got a bit carried away with the brochure details , you have even sold it to me !

Only joking nice touch pal , but you know where i will be ? Sea legs an all .

Good news Dave53 is joining us for a couple of days too, and he is bringing more venison yum yum !

OH no! just heard on the grapevine Arry is turning up , word of warning watch the brandy !

Also Itchy is planning a pint in The Slaughtered Lamb , beware the full moon and stick to the roads !

Last edited:

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
Hi guys,

That sounds really like a nice weekend ! Cant' wait ! So just to make sure we are all on the same page, which train schedule shall I take (I mean for departure and return...) ? One more question, how's the weather overthere ? Same hot weather like everywhere else ?

Last edited:

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Now I'm going to be miserable for the whole week as I'm away camping with 3 kids on a huge camping council estate and can't join in!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
Hey Bucephalas,

No worries, I'll post some pictures to motivate you :D

@ Ivan & itchy (feet): how are we doing ? Shall I book my train ticket already ? :cool:

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Hi Bruce.

Yes go ahead and book your train. Ivan and I are already on the moor camping in a little wood. We'll come down to Newton Abbot and pick you up on Saturday. I'll PM telephone numbers so we can keep in touch and link up etc.

ATB Paul

Sent from my laptop from a wood on Dartmoor.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE