Jokkmokk trip report - Andy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

charliefoxtrot

Sep 9, 2011
North Lancs, UK.
Thanks for the kind comments. I'm just giving a bit back, y'know ? Without BCUK I wouldn't have been there !

Charles, no I didn't use the trangia winter attachment. Not sure it would have fitted into the stove base, and I managed OK without it. I often spilled some fuel around anyway which may have had a similar effect. BTW I used the British Army square dixie lid as a base to sit the meths stove on, to stop it sinking into the snow.

Last edited:

Ivanhoe

Forager
Aug 28, 2011
Sweden
Thanks for an excellent series of posts Charliefoxtrot!

Just reding it gave me a rush and made me very happy!
You totally deserve such a good adventure.

I only wish I could plan my expeditions as meticulous
as you do. And I can see you love your gear just as
much as I love mine.

Take care, m8!

character0175.gif

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Nice report, thanks for the time and effort to put it together.

I noticed the pyramid fire in one of the shots; how many layers did it have before the fuel at the bottom?

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
What an interesting read, I'm in awe of you all and delighted its been such a super trip for you :) I'll not be an extreme condition person by choice but watching you lads has been fascinating and informative, thanks so much for the kit lists too :)

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Cracking stuff Andy, great pics! Brings it all flooding back.

I love what you did with the gear table.

If ever I get a dull moment, I'm coming back to all these to read again 'til the next trip. :)

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
Really well done all of you . I am really impressed.
I have only been in Jokkmokk in the summer on holliday with my parents (several times) And I remember it as a mozquito and midge infested hell :)
So good on you for going in the winter :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE