Joining the canoe world.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hodge

Forager
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
You won't go wrong with anything by Ray Goodwin be it video or written word. In terms of inspiration for trips Simon a Bloke in the Woods videos are good, particularly his trip with Kent Survival to Sweden.

Reactions: henchy3rd

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
You won't go wrong with anything by Ray Goodwin be it video or written word. In terms of inspiration for trips Simon a Bloke in the Woods videos are good, particularly his trip with Kent Survival to Sweden.
Seen that one as well Hodge.
Hope you had a good Christmas.

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
Both my go to videos.
My arm chair canoe trip with a damaged A.C.L( knee).

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
If you have a Canadian canoe, use it a lot to practice getting proper practice from the recommend videos.
I would really recommend a course if you want to kayak. Eskimo rolls in the wild are not fun.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Really, I can't remember any times that he has claimed to be an expert on anything, let alone everything?

it’s just how he comes across in his videos.. I can tell he’s talented at making things but I struggle with people who jump around from project to project and make “how to” videos on something they’ve only made maybe once before... I’d sooner watch someone who’s an expert at one thing than a jack of all trades but that’s just me.

He was also very rude to me in YouTube comments before as well which hasn’t helped my opinion lol.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
it’s just how he comes across in his videos.. I can tell he’s talented at making things but I struggle with people who jump around from project to project and make “how to” videos on something they’ve only made maybe once before... I’d sooner watch someone who’s an expert at one thing than a jack of all trades but that’s just me.

He was also very rude to me in YouTube comments before as well which hasn’t helped my opinion lol.
Fair enough :)

Reactions: FerlasDave

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Good-looking boat. What did you decide to do for paddles? Unloading that boat to strike a camp in the middle of nowhere (or very close to it) should give you some peace of mind.

I have only work experience in the bigger 21' Chestnut Freighters. That was enough to put me off recreational use. I think you are starting off in the right direction.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Ah we are allowed to kayak/canoe in england at the mo, hope you get good news :) I've had a handful of cold or wet sessions on the yak so far!

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
GOOD NEWS

They have announced that from tomorrow you are allowed to exercise outdoors and have replaced the "stay at home" message with stay local. If you live in a rural area as we do, then "local" means within reason. We live in a mountain village in Snowdonia and there are suitable lakes within 10-15 miles.
We are due more gales this weekend, so early next week and we intend on getting the canoe on the water.
Let the journey begin :D

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
Well, we took out for our first trip yesterday to Lake Bala.
We were only on the water for about 45 minutes, but all went well. Managed to get the canoe on and off the roofrack without any issues. No problems on the water, and Ali really enjoyed it, so a successful day all round. I took a few snaps to record our first trip. Thought you might be interested.
Cheers Greg

first outing.jpg

lake bala.jpg

canoe airbag.jpg

Ali lake bala.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE