John Fenna, canoe guru

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
John very kindly agreed to give me some canadian canoe instruction at Cardigan this weekend just gone, following my intro here where I expressed my interest in canoe camping/bushcraft.
As a beginner I didn't know what to expect, but was very pleasantly surprised by his gentle and informative teaching style and had two great days practicing strokes and skills including poling and rapid running. This coupled with excellent wildlife spotting, bushcraft lunches and not falling in.
Anyone interested in learning canoeing with a view to overnight trips can do no better than contact John who also gave me a discount on his normal rate as a member of this group.
I hope to do more during this year and this weekend was a great intro and confidence booster. Many thanks John.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
John very kindly agreed to give me some canadian canoe instruction at Cardigan this weekend just gone, following my intro here where I expressed my interest in canoe camping/bushcraft.
As a beginner I didn't know what to expect, but was very pleasantly surprised by his gentle and informative teaching style and had two great days practicing strokes and skills including poling and rapid running. This coupled with excellent wildlife spotting, bushcraft lunches and not falling in.
Anyone interested in learning canoeing with a view to overnight trips can do no better than contact John who also gave me a discount on his normal rate as a member of this group.
I hope to do more during this year and this weekend was a great intro and confidence booster. Many thanks John.

Ditto ! :)

Thanks for a great weekend John, I've just booked my last remaining holidays for next week so I'll be out practising what I learnt.

Body boat blade, stacked hands and more vertical though the stroke and more body rotation.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
ooooh sounds interesting,...

looks like i'll end up with a baptism of,....erm well water really,...

i do need some tuition ....ahem,...cough,...

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
ooooh sounds interesting,...

looks like i'll end up with a baptism of,....erm well water really,...

i do need some tuition ....ahem,...cough,...

Don't ask why.....but then I afta ask misen why ?

So why , when I saw your post Stu....did Apocalypse Now spring to mind ? Only the general wasn't saying "charlie don't surf" ....
He was saying "Sasquatch don't canoe " :lmao: why ?

sent using my sausage thumb

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Don't ask why.....but then I afta ask misen why ?

So why , when I saw your post Stu....did Apocalypse Now spring to mind ? Only the general wasn't saying "charlie don't surf" ....
He was saying "Sasquatch don't canoe " :lmao: why ?

sent using my sausage thumb

hahahaha oi!! behave thi sen!

haha still chuckling here,,,,,,,,,step away from the buttercup syrup Chis

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Yeah, using up my hols before the end of the month.

Got Tuesday onwards off, I'm thinking either the Lakes or Scotland, fancy it? :)

i do yes.,...i REAAALLLLY fancy it,......

however,..

i have about 3 hours all week spare,....

these hols youre using up are last years??...

you will be getting out again i hope????

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
these hols youre using up are last years??...

you will be getting out again i hope????

I've got to use them up before April otherwise I just lose them

I'll be out again no for sure, probably weekend day paddles in the Lakes until after May

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE