Job update

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
Hello to all.

I know it's been a while...I do look in now and then but have to admit that having a real job has had a marked effect on how much time I spend (waste) persuing virtual pleasures... ie fora.

What I want to do though is give you an update on how the job in The Lakes is going as many of you sent me your good wishes and advice :)

The campsite is at Low Wray on Windermere. We started the season quite slowly in March but now find ourselves full every weekend and much of the midweek too. That is the case regardless of the weather :eek:

The job involves a good amount of routine chores such as shop work, registration and cleaning. My minimal craft skills haven't been tested too far yet...well, maybe a few knots - but no firelighting, foraging or survival.

I have had the opprtunity to sling the hammock up regularly. I choose our sister site at Wasdale as it is in the heart of fell running country. This is an area which I have worked on; I'm pretty fit these days, oh, and my navigation and weather reading skills are much keener. Mind you, you only have to say it will rain here in the lakes and you'll not be proved wrong for too long!!!

I hope you're all having a cracking summer and getting out as much as you'd hoped for at the turn of the year...

For my part, once the season finishes I have got myself onto a countryside management HNC (Oatridge Colledge, Ecclesmachan) - seems there is no way of sneaking into the real world...I have to do the leg work.

ATB,

John

It goes without saying, if anyone fancies a trip to the lakes I'd be delighted to spend some time out and would welcome your company.

IJ55

Forager
Mar 29, 2009
UK
Always awesome to see people getting on well, and its good to know the great outdoors is making your fitness rise a few notches as thats always a bonus!

Keep us all updated :)

IJ55

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE