job interview

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
just to let you all know, i got the job ( or i've been told that i have subject to the medical, and i've been topld that i passed the medical- so i hope that means i've got it) i start on the 8th, thanks for all of your advice, hopefully i'll soon be able to spend my working life in a workshop as well as my leisure time :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great news Nat congratulations

Now go and get that finger looked at, it would be a shame if you had to go and get your arm amputated after a couple of weeks at work.

:35: :35: :beerchug: :35: :35:

Rich

Tripitaka

Nomad
Apr 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, BC.
Well done mate. Now when you start, the best advice I can give you is to be (or at least appear to be) switched on every minute of every day that you are there. Always show that you are actively looking for the next thing to learn and execute every task to the very best of your ability. Common sense rules, closely followed by aptitude and enthusiasm.

Mark.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
start tommorrow- 8.30 sharp, got my suit all sorted and my shoes polished, all i need to do now is go in, soend the first few days doing the "induction" and then get down to the rather more serious work of playing with all of the machines:D

i'm just a bit excited:D

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Get in there! Turn up early, a bad way to start a new job is to turn up late. Suck up until the next new boy starts, then you can do as you please!

:D

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
end of first week of induction, start college on monday, for another week of induction probbably ;rolleyes:

i've been wearing full non-static overalls, shoes and hat for a week, i look like a train driver :O

Andyre

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
Abingdon, Oxon
well done mate.
i've been wearing full non-static overalls, shoes and hat for a week, i look like a train driver :O
You get used to it, we have to wear overalls mop hats and beard guards, when you first start wearing them you feel a right numpty, then you look around and everyone is wearing them and soon you forget all about it.
all you need to do is listen and learn, and if you have any ideas on how things can be improved with machines speak up, if its a good idea you will earn respect from the engineers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE