Jetboil.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
I received a complimentary Jetboil last night (http://www.jetboil.com/) after applying for a Trail credit card.

I was very impressed by the boil time, but unsure how much I will actually use it. Does anyone else use these and, if so, how much and what for?

Having said that it was free, therefore it's brilliant ;o)

Andy

richardnhunt

Tenderfoot
Jun 3, 2006
Surrey
They are dead good for heating baby's bottles! Mine tends to live in the car - don't take up muh space and you can get a rew when you want one. - Having said all that, mine was free as well - not sure if I would buy one.

Rich

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I used to use mine from the back of the van for quick brew-ups. I found it very quick, and perfect for one or two quick cuppas. On long trips, I'd make a cuppa, fill the jetboil while I drank the brew and make up a small stainless steel flask from the second boil. This would last me ages. Unfortunately the little bit ceramic pipe that insulates the piezo electric ignitor where it passes through the flame shield fractured and now the spark fires off under the flame shield so I have to light it with a lighter now. No real problem there but it was convenient to have it light up with the push of a button. I've taken it on overnighters, or when I'm demonstrating stuff but if I'm away for more than an overnighter I usually take the trangia as I can do more with it.

Eric

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
Well i got just the cup and i got a alcohol burner to work under it almost as fast as the gas deal that you use

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
I received a complimentary Jetboil last night (http://www.jetboil.com/) after applying for a Trail credit card.

I was very impressed by the boil time, but unsure how much I will actually use it. Does anyone else use these and, if so, how much and what for?

Having said that it was free, therefore it's brilliant ;o)

Andy

Mine lives in the back of me Landy, they are fab for super-fast, clean, super-convenient brew ups on the run. Nothing better.

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
Its not so much the burner the trick is to get the flame to hit that heat ring and still have a nice flame it took lots of my alcohol stoves to get the right one

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Thanks for all the replies, that’s kind of the conclusion I had come to (only having boiled it twice, and doesn’t it hurt trying to turn it off while it’s boiling over!)

Great for brews and boil in the bag rat pack meals - messy for real cooking due to their depth.......
John

John, what’s it like for heating a viscous fluid like the contents of a pack, and has anyone got one of the 1.5l pots?

Thanks for looking,

Andy

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have found that boil in the bag meals - cooked in the bag - are great and cook as per normal. Pasta cooks well but thick stews burn unless you stir them all the time and this needs a long spoon, as does eating out of the pot - a nice whittling project!

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hi John,

Thanks, I thought you emptied out the BitB meals into the pan, that's why I thought they would burn. I've not put the two together, but on first impressions I didn't think there was enough room in the pan for a bagged meal - obviously wrong.

Thanks for the info,

Andy

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have cooked many a pouch in the Jetboil - just roll them up and pop 'em in, though you need put in very little water or it all boils over....
John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE