JetBoil or Crux Weekend HE Cook System?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
Hi all,

I am very impressed with the look of the Jetboil as a simple stove for brews and basic food that will sling into a rucksack without fuss. I appreciate that it seems to be a bit of a Marmite product, and that others prefer multi fuels etc, but for the use I am after, it looks ideal.

However, I have now stumbled accross the Optimus Crus HE weekend cook system, and wonder how it compares. Whilst the boil timme is stated as longer, it looks like it could be a more versatile bit of kit.

Anyone got any experience of it compared to a Jetboil? I am hoping to purchase one of them soon, but can't decide which one.

_mark_

Settler
May 3, 2010
Google Earth
I have the optimus crux burner and it's well put together, incredibly light, with a good adjustable range. it's in my swaps thread.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I've been using a jetboil for years. Great for what it is. Add a pan stand and lose the mug, makes it a good cook system. Apart from the ignition, its bombproof.

sent using my sausage thumb

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have three jetboil stoves and love em to bits. Compact, reliable and eay to use. They can be used with standard pots for cooking/frying.
Yes there more expensive to buy but of all the people i know who have them like them. Perfect for boil in the bag meals and brews you can cook in them normaly but need cleaning if you want a brew afterwards.

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
I've got both and they're both good. The Crux would be my lightweight choice, I use it with an MSR Titan Kettle: very light set-up and compact. The Jetboil's quick and powerful but a bit heavier.

I keep the Jetboil in my webbing and the Crux in my walking/grab bag.

Claudiasboris

Mar 13, 2012
Cardiff/Somerset
thumbsup the Jetboil stayed lit on the top of Snowdon in the wind and snow, something my pocket rocket wont do in the Brecon Beacons, they are great, the bigger pans arent cheap but great, picked up mine from the states and saved a few £ when they came out, certainly recommended

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE