Jetboil Genesis

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
It looks very overpriced, you could probably make up a similar kit for half the cost. Granted it might not nest together like the jetboil kit but in a car or van etc.. shouldn't be a problem.

Tonyuk

Muskett

Forager
Mar 8, 2016
East Sussex
Wow that is a lot of money for a two ring gas burner set up. It might look sexy, be built very nicely, and made by Jetboil, but I don't think it brings to the plot anything new or even better. With that budget you could buy a kitchen.
Its not a featherweight, so truck, boat or pack animal carry. Fry pan and large pot is at least two pots short to cook a Master Chef feast. Gas has to be carried separately and when feeding the masses then a big gas tank is a must.

There are titanium things that are better to throw money at, and burners that can do it all too. So for the life of me I can't work out who its marketed at. If it had a kitchen sink attached then they might have a case.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
It looks nice, but I wonder if you'd be better off just going for a pair of MSR Whisperlite universals... Would be lighter and cheaper... and more versatile. Combine it with a couple of Primus Eta pots...

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE