Jet boil help needed!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tommyd345

Nomad
Feb 2, 2015
Norfolk
Hi chaps,

I'm looking to get my parents a jet boil for Christmas, they have taken up cycling and do love a good cup of tea for 11sies!
Now I'm looking and I can see there is the zip,flash,sumo and a few other models, and I'm just wondering which one to go for! Is there a difference in efficiency? The only real difference I can see is capacity of water!

Thanks in advance!

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
For the size and what your wanting it to do either the Zip or Flash. If you want something to cook with get the Minimo as the new burner assembly is much better.
Of the six I have the Zip is most used.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Go for the zip, the only real difference is the capacity and lack of a spark to start it with. The more expensive ones come with a regulator i think to make it burn better when the canister is near empty but I've never had a problem. £55 in decathalon.

Tonyuk

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Get an Alpkit version for £40 i think. 900ml pot with a stater. Its the alpkit brewpot but its changed name now called the brewkit jackal. They do good kit.

1caa0103c28540714bef5a253a2f3dc8.jpg

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I'd second the Alpkit - I used my Brukit in the Arctic last November if I wanted a quick brew in the tent. Worked perfectly. As a "stovie" who loves playing with paraffin, petrol, alcohol and wood stoves, it's almost embarrassing to admit that the Brukit is so good at boiling water so efficiently and quickly, even in serious sub-zero temps. But it is........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE