Jervenbag - a question.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nalsheen

Forager
Apr 17, 2010
North West England
My jervenbag came with a sort of dry bag which just about holds the liner but it seems impossible to put the liner and the windproof outer into this when they are connected. Looking on the forum the "pillowcase" looks like a much better way of carrying the whole thing. Does anyone have a pattern for this?

bearbait

My Jervenbag (Exclusive model) came in its own small pouch with an extra pocket for the "armings" (as they call them) and the belt. This is a reasonably tight fit as it is. My liners came in their own quite generous bags which should hold the liner and the Jervenbag when fixed together. The pouch and the liners' bags are made of the same silver-lined cammo material as the Jervenbag. They're velcro sealed but I wouldn't call them dry bags.

Did you get yours second-hand with only one pouch?

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
My jervenbag came with a sort of dry bag which just about holds the liner but it seems impossible to put the liner and the windproof outer into this when they are connected. Looking on the forum the "pillowcase" looks like a much better way of carrying the whole thing. Does anyone have a pattern for this?

I could measure mine and let you have a pattern if you like but it's a very simple thing, just a rectangle of fabric sewn to make a more or less square pouch (about two feet square) with a flap which ic held closed by velcro.

There are three compression straps which are sewn onto the case. They let you hold it in a sort of sausage shape when you roll it up but I'm sure there are other ways of doing that.

The fabric used by the manufacturer for the pillowcase is the same fabric as the outer shell of the bag itself. It protects the bag well but if you used a more open-weave fabric it might make a better pillow case. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE