Jerky...biltong type stuff!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bobz64

Dec 24, 2010
Scotland
I spotted a thread somewhere on here with an idea for a cheap jerky maker using 100w bulb and a cardboard box....I`d just like to say it works brilliantly!:cool:
S5032372.jpg
S5032373.jpg
S5032383.jpg

bobz64

Dec 24, 2010
Scotland
I used the 1kg packs of lean steak from LIDL!! Trim any fatty looking bits, Marinated in salt, pepper, vinegar, brown sugar and some dried chilli overnight in the fridge then into the box. 2kg at a time took 24hrs.....larger box or more meat would take a bit longer but results were spot on! Tried a few different mixes of marinate and all turned out ok but I prefer loads of chilli on mine.

Jun 9, 2006
Dalgety Bay
I use top side meat if I can. Cut along the grain in 1” wide cuts. Trim any fatty looking bits.

Marinated in salt (wee bit – as salt will be pulled from the meat), pepper, loads of vinegar (making sure all meat is covered), a good hand full of South African biltong spice. Leave it for 24hrs, turning several times during this period. The vinegar will like cook it.

I have a fan box that has a 1” hole matrix and all sides, I hang them for 4-5 days. If you wish to freeze them I cut that down to about 3 days.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Looks good it usually takes me 6 hours in my dehydrator. Another easy marinade is 2 tbls Soya Sauce, 1 tbls chilly flakes 1 tbls garlic powder.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE