Jealousy is a terrible thing.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
My son, who I love and adore, has suddenly in his thirties become a hateful child. He's an actor and managed to get himself an all expenses paid trip to Canada. This involves three days performing,now completed,and sixteen days with some off griders in the Canadian Rockies apparently for research purposes!!!My inbox is filled with a daily onslaught of pictures and a log of what he's done and seen. This is one of many. I think my jealousy is turning to hate. Has anyone else felt these feelings towards their off spring when they are doing something you feel you should be doing but can't?
4y9ugure.jpg

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
My son soils himself and is happy to just sit there and play... I'd love to be that care-free.

He's only 2 though and I haven't had much time to build up resentment.

What's stopping you from going to Canada? Problems with Interpol?

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Yes. My boys are in their 40s. Number one son travels all over the world for Oxfam, thus combining experiencing and understanding the lives of people in other cultures while helping to improve things instead of wrecking their environments through exploitation. Number two son lives a free-wheeling existence, never sure where his next penny is coming from, but is his own boss and totally in control of his own life: something I never truly managed. Both are doing what they want to do and never wish for any other life.

I think we must have got something right.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE