Japanese saw rasp?

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
How much better are these than the traditional cheese grater style rasps? Will it make my life significantly easier if I get one? How do they perform on synthetics like micarta and corian and hardwoods like cocobolo?

M

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
they are the mutts nuts! :D I wasn't sure about them when I first saw them in the catalogue, so I bought one to try. The next time I ordered I got a dozen so I could get students using them!

They will work very well on pretty much anything, be it wood, laminate, plastic and even softer metals (eats brass and copper). The coarse size goes quickly through and then turn over and remove scratches with the fine side. With most materials you can go from the fine side straight to 120 grit paper or even a cabinet scraper!

They don't last forever like any tool, they will dull (especially if you use them on metal alot) but they are well worth getting and the finish is much better than from a normal rasp

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Are these the ones that look like a zombie killing egg whisk? Always fancied one of those if so. Any links?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE