Japanese hand saw - Lidl

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Floyd Soul

Forager
Jul 31, 2006
The woods, Ireland.
I wasnt really interested in the saws to be honest, I'm more than happy with my Silky!

The fruit bushes caught my eye, but I opted out at the last minute because I'm gonna order a good few from a nursery instead and they'd be cheaper by the unit with better varieties.

Aldi had some folding saws at the same price in last Sunday, and they are much better than the Lidl ones. They have a solid body that won't get full of sawdust and crud, the blades lock properly closed (not just nearly closed so that they can snag on clothes etc, they give you a choice of fine or medium teeth (the latter for green wood) and they throw in a spare blade. Not bad for less than £3, and others have said that they last OK too (from previous years.)

Aldi tend to get more stock of stuff than Lidl, so if you pop in asap you might well still get one.

Oh - they are green too. Green and black. Better than that garish yellow :lmao:

Ah - I see this has already been mentioned at http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?p=261903#post261903, but it makes sense for it to be here, too.

Ben

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE