j.nowells MOD knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

singe1986

Forager
Feb 3, 2013
thirsk
Another one for you guys are these the genuine thing? Or a cheaper knock off all I know is mod knives are made by a sheffield steel company more than likely these guys

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
They did do some military knives in the past, my wife's Uncle has an old Nowill dagger that was issued, it's a big scary looking thing with only one purpose...

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
the john nowill MOD knife is made to the same specifications, I don't know for sure if this means they were ever made by him and issued to troops or not though. My assumption is it is as advertised 'made to the same specs'. I have one, it's certainly a decent knife and the closest thing to a real survival knife on the market today. this is mine..

DSCF3811.jpg

get one, great knife for the money.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Pardon the bad pics;

Photo0211-1.jpg

Photo0207.jpg

Not an MOD knife but it was issued. Has a rubber handle and the serrations are crazy sharp! Might have been a diver's knife, I really don't know...

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice, never even thought to look on their website :rolleyes: . Perhaps it wasn't issued then, I assumed it was as the owner was a Royal Marine.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Got a Nowill "commando" knife off BB the other day, i half thought my son could take it to Afghan with him, & as it did'nt cost much, he could maybe gift it on. I have to say, the quality control is poor, the grind on the last couple of inches is off, the blade & handle are off centre, think i might keep it as a project as i always wanted one as a youngster, & probably get him the glock field knife.

Rob

Jomo

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2012
banbury
i have one of these John Nowills M.O.D. survival knives and yes they are the genuine thing. You can get a copy by webtex from http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com they call it a 'Combat and survival knife' its still pretty good but only 4mm thick and has something between a hollow and sabre grind? as opposed to the real deal which you can get on the Sheffield knives website sheffieldknives.co.uk which is 6mm thick and has a scandi grind i recommend both but suggest spending a little extra on the Nowill from Sheffield Knives. Both knives are of high carbon steel and take a very good long lasting edge and are practically bomb proof the latter being even more so

singe1986

Forager
Feb 3, 2013
thirsk
Oh another development to this was speaking to lad at work an hes still got his issue one so going to hunt it out free of charge so well happy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE