Jörnkängan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jörnkängan is -- AFAIK -- generally sold directly from the factory (you call their phone number and explain what you want). And I note from the web page the they are not a stocked item there. Also, the facory is selling a lot to the Swedish and perhaps also Norwegian) army, and thus have a long waiting list. Only some of the northern ranger regiments get them, ISTR reading

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
These look very nice indeed and, at that price, very tempting. How do they compare with Lundhags? Are they better or worse? How are they sized? Is there anything above and beyond price to recommend them above a pair of Lundhags? I'm not sure I understand the sizing on the link: I take a 44/English 10 so which size would I be after?

Sorry to bombard you with questions but I am looking for another pair of these kind of boots and want to be sure that what I get will tick the necessary boxes! Many thanks for alerting me to the possibilities of these - they look very good.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Thanks Forestwalker. I saw them before on the Jörn Jensen site in Norway, selling for 3450 NOK (!) Rather pay that in SEK...

Perhaps I'll pay them a visit next year, obviously will mail/ring them before that. Hopefully I will be walking in those boots in Valadalen or Anjan

JimmyT

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2008
Relocated to Sweden
I have a pair of the Anti-Freeze which I picked up at Jörn Jensen in Lilleström, Norway.
They run pretty much true to size and won't shrink which can happen to Lundhags. Although enormous the boots are incredibly lightweight and the quality is fantastic - I would say better than Lundhags. Although temperatures can go as low as -25 to -30C around here the last couple of winters, I think on balance I'd probably go
for the M90 boot if I had the option the second time around and have a year round boot. If you go for the Anti-Freeze I'd get a second pair of the felt inner socks at the same time. I also picked up a few additional pairs of felt liners.
On their advice, I tried the boots on in the shop wearing 3 pairs of socks! They also recommended various waterproofing treatments/conditioners for the boots rather than the lädersmorning stuff. The shop deals in skins and furs so I was happy to listen to them on this. For feeding the leather I was sold a Danish product called 'Gold' and for the waterproofing in deep snow a Norwegian paraffin based treatment called Prelle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE