Jääkäripuukko 110

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Slaphead

Nov 6, 2020
Bolton
I have listened to advice from members and I am going to buy a Worksharp guided bench sharpener and Mora companion and learn how to sharpen my knives.

At some point in the future I would like to pick up a Terava Jääkäripuukko 110, but I have a question about it. I am not comfortable with carbon steel knives that have a black coating if I do not know the composition of the coating and possible health risks when it comes to cutting food.

The Terava blades are uncovered on the scandi grind but black above it. However, the black doesn't look like a coating. It is not cleanly done and looks patchy - although the appearance doesn't bother me on what is meant to be a working knife. Could anybody tell me whether this black part of the blade is actually a coating or simply the effect of the way the blade is produced/ heat treated?

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Native
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
If not jet ordered, I recommend to get a Mora companion heavy duty if it should be cheap, what I assume.

That's a carbon steel blade and well for learning sharpening.

Mora 840 has a carbon blade too, the blade is thinner, less good for bushcraft but OK for cutting cardboard for example and around house and garden, and it is really cheap. We get it in Germany for less than 10 €.

To learn sharpening it's surely good enough. Around the house I use it a lot.

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES

The price is £27 and you can pay via the paypal button below.