I've got a spare £40 what shall i spent it on?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dunk

Forager
Feb 4, 2007
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Burning a hole in my pocket!
I've got pretty much everything i need, tarp/tent, sharps, sleeping, cooking etc etc.......all tried and tested.

I just wanna buy something new, any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
How about some of the very small and rather expensive useful things that'll hang on your keyring?
Titanium sliver nippers, etc.

Not cheap, excellent tools and incredibly handy and 'there' just when you need them ?

Heinie Haynes stock them :)

cheers,
Toddy

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
I'd be boring and save it for something that you find you might need later on. Nothing worse than seeing a good deal but nothing to fund it with

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Subscription to the bushcraft magazine. I think there is a deal if you take a years subscription.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
How about some leather and leather working tools? Learn a new skill if you dont dabble already.

potboiler

Jan 20, 2009
Dorset
If you've got all the kit, then would your £40 allow you a weekend trip to somewhere new? How far would that get you on the train, for instance - the ticket price determines where you get off, like a lucky dip...

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I don't believe it! There are people on here suggesting that money should be spent on something other than shiny new kit. It's unheard of. I don't understand this 'need' thing either. So what if you don't need it? It is shiny and you should want it. Go out and buy stuff! That's what real bushcrafters do! :D

Oh alright then, what about putting it towards and event or a day out, a show or craft fair or something? £40 will get you the entrance fee and some spending money.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Trust me, after thirty plus years of marriage I assure you that £40 now plus a St.Valentines day present will boost your 'brownie' points when the time comes you need that new bit of kit;)

Plus more importantly its a nice thing to do :) Don't be a selfish git.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE