I've got £13 to spend at amazon.co.uk...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Do NOT get the Woodcraft By Nessmuck reprint that Amazon are currently offereing, it is missing all the etchings from the original book (although they are still referred to in the text) making it fairly pointless

:soapbox:

Well you can actually download a free pdf of this, including the drawings, over on BCL. :cool:

R.B.

Actually, I've not checked but you might be able to do the same here!:confused:

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
This suggestion is a bit left of field, but having said that it is one of the best books that I have ever read (just finished it).

The book in question is called Jackson's Track by Daryl Tonkin. It is about a guy who was a real Australian bushman in the truest sense (most of the story takes place 1930's-60's). It's not a how to do book, it's just a story about a guy who loved to live in the wilderness, for many years in a simple bark hut, married and aboriginal woman, raised a family, loved to learn bushcraft from the indigenous people, had no prejudice towards the indigenous people, suffered personally from prejudice because he choose to live with the aborigines. It is beautifully written and anyone who loves the notion of living a simple life in the wilderness would enjoy this read.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jacksons-Tr...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256188380&sr=1-3

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE