I've been at it again

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Got bored today, was going to go fishing, but looked out of the window and it was chucking it down, so played on the computer for a bit, got bored with that, then decided i would make a new sheath for my Frost Carving Knife as the plastic one that was supplied was well err - not very good, only took an hour, but great fun making it, piccie below of the supplied sheath and my effort :)

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
nice little sheath... how thick is the leather you have used?

I thought about making a sheath for my little carving knife but with the shape, I doubted I would be able to make it so the knife cleanly sheaths without trying to stab through the leather.

How does yours cope with the universal handle?

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Mr_Yarrow said:
Are those rivets or bolts/screws?

What tyoe of leather did you use?

Very nice by the way

All done with rivets, the leather was 2mm thick, along the edge with the rivets i have put two thin strips of leather, this helps to stop the blade cutting through the leather edge and my hands.

To cope with the handle i wrapped the blade in tape and placed it into the sheath and pulled the leather tight around the handle before marking the place for the top rivet, then i drilled the hole for the rivet and hammered the thing in, the leather grips the handle really well, in fact probably a little too well, but i would rather have it too tight than too loose.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Squidders said:
So when you're putting the knife in, it never tries to stab through the sheath or are you just careful? That's what worried me.

Nope never tries to dig in at all, i suppose because i have increased the depth on the riveted side of the sheath it means the blade goes in centrally, if you are worried about the blade digging in i suppose you could put a plastic blade guard in the sheath.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE