It's snowing !

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I just got back from being out on my bike and confirmed my thoughts before i went out on it that i'd have to be half mental to try cycling in that

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
The wind kept wrenching my head to the side every time my beard got caught by a strong gust of wind

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
The wind kept wrenching my head to the side every time my beard got caught by a strong gust of wind

Bod the local airport could hire you and use that particularly fine facial growth as a wind-sock. ;)
The avatar picture is particularly spiffy, you going to keep going with.it?

Sent via smokesignal from a woodland in Scotland.

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
in my neck of the hills it was alternating between horizontal hail and horizontal snow interspersed with gales and a -11 wind chill apparently....... gonna be a barmy -6 windchill tomorrow, might venture down to the post box on the morrow in sensible attire, not geordie stylee t shirt n shorts ;-)
just snowing like bu££ery now and -18 windchill so accuweather man says.
The Whippet, she says 'I'm not going out for a **** in that...oh no no no no!' a quick shove with the right foot and she has no choice.....mwahahahahahha

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Bod the local airport could hire you and use that particularly fine facial growth as a wind-sock. ;)
The avatar picture is particularly spiffy, you going to keep going with.it?

Yeah mate the plan is to never cut it again ever, same for my hair on my head (worried if i shave that off again it might never come back), it is uncanny how well the wind grabs it i am even finding a major reduction in my slipstream flow of wind around my body when cycling on regular wind level days, like some type of mad man made cycling airbrake system, head down beard tucked under chin for speed and when needing that little bit extra stopping power just slam the anchors on and deploy beard

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yeah mate the plan is to never cut it again ever, same for my hair on my head (worried if i shave that off again it might never come back), it is uncanny how well the wind grabs it i am even finding a major reduction in my slipstream flow of wind around my body when cycling on regular wind level days, like some type of mad man made cycling airbrake system, head down beard tucked under chin for speed and when needing that little bit extra stopping power just slam the anchors on and deploy beard

Found when I had long hair and beard that it had heck of a drag in the pool when I swam a lot. Still keeping with the thread they keep.you warm in a blizzard.
There was a polar explorer years back whos beard froze and then snapped off when back in cover, breaking his big toe and leading to.problems.

Sent via smokesignal from a woodland in Scotland.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I'm still getting used to it, every time i adapt i then learn i need to adapt to the new length since last adapting, thankfully i have now stopped dipping it in my cereal bowl between spoonfuls at breakfast time when i'm half asleep.

Ultimate wind blocker around the neck n definitely keeps you warm, i'm sure that was natures intention

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I'm still getting used to it, every time i adapt i then learn i need to adapt to the new length since last adapting, thankfully i have now stopped dipping it in my cereal bowl between spoonfuls at breakfast time when i'm half asleep.

Ultimate wind blocker around the neck n definitely keeps you warm, i'm sure that was natures intention

I dont shave but i cant grow a proper beard. It just grows out instead of down....i look like i'm trying to smuggle a small blond rasta under me chin when i let it grow out in winter :lmao:

Does deffo keep you warmer though

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Mine grew out like that until it got heavy enough and gravity made it grow down too, it is about 6 weeks longer than shown in my avatar now

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
............it is about 6 weeks longer than shown in my avatar now

You definitely need to update your avatar then - maybe a panoramic photo, but up n down rather than side to side..... Have you been talking photos regularly? it'd be interesting to get a kind of sped up time lapse thing going to show the growth of the beard.

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
Spending 4 nights and 3 days with my two girls (9 + 6) in static caravan just above York. First 2 nights have been exciting with wind and rain but kids been OK with it. If crap today we're off swimming at a council pool 😁

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Snowing most mornings, just enough to make the roof tops white then it melts by mid-day.
Freezing level maybe 2,000' (well above the village) with substantial new snow up top.
South out my front window:

002_zps33ebebd6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've just been past a field next to a housing estate near home, I counted five trampolines caught up in the Poplars at least 400m away in the next field, I'll get a pic in the morning if they're still there

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
You definitely need to update your avatar then - maybe a panoramic photo, but up n down rather than side to side..... Have you been talking photos regularly? it'd be interesting to get a kind of sped up time lapse thing going to show the growth of the beard.

Sadly i didn't think ahead like that, i'll update with a new one soon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE