Its not all smiles on expedition.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
[video=youtube;zjh8cFdSAIM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjh8cFdSAIM[/video]

Just to prove that its not always fun and games whilst out and about.... character building eh! ;)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I HATE LEECHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they creep me out - even the medically applied ones - the jungle ones... well they are one reason I will not go back to the jungle!

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Its not everyone cup of tea but my leech regime is based on keeping them out of my boots and legs, since being infection-free and able to walk is the most important thing. Leg bites are easily infected.

So simply tucking trousers legs into the socks in jungle boots works for me. This gives me time to spot some of them crawling up and a flick is all that's usually needed.

Some get to the tummy and some to the neck but bites here do not bleed much as the blood pressure is lower than the legs.Neither do they itch as much

At night a dab of Mopiko - antiseptic and a local anaesthetic covered with a band aid or micropore will help prevent any scratching and resultant infection.

Panama Jungle

Jan 7, 2010
Panama
One good thing about the jungle here in Panama - lots of creepy crawlies etc but there are very, very few annoying ones like leeches or mossies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE