Items for swap/trade! + lots of pics!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Been tidying my spair bedroom so I can turn it into a nursery as my wife is 20 weeks pregnant and here are a few things I found and would like to swap for edged tools, knives, axes, billhooks etc!

1.Vivitar 10-50 x 50 Binoculars - Sport Series with carry case, instructions and in perfect condition! NOW GONE

2.Casio Wave Ceptor watch in a used condition, may need a different strap if you have large wrists.

3.Small 4 hole ocarina with neck lace, perfect condition and very cute.

4.British Army Body Armour MK-2 kevlar vest, includes kevlar plates and hasn't been used just left in storage! (size medium)

5.Camoflauge camping hammock with built in mozzie net, size extra large and in perfect condition (used 4 times). NOW GONE

BKA1.jpg

BS1.jpg

BF1.jpg

WF1.jpg

WF2.jpg

OF1.jpg

OB1.jpg

BA1.jpg

BAN1.jpg

BAL1.jpg

H2.jpg

H1B.jpg

Any questions either ask here or PM me, cheers guys!

Last edited:

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Hi there, im very interested in the hammock. Regarding trade i have a Husqvarna Hatchet, a few fixed blades and some folders!

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Anything you want making as a swap for the hammock?

I'm looking to get a double bit hatchet, billhook and a nice knife if it tickles my fancy. If any of that's possible kev let me know ok mate!

Cowboy- if you have any pictures or model names pm me mate, cheers guys!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Is the netting on the hammock midgie proof or mozzie proof ?, and if so, an idea of value ?

cheers,
Toddy

p.s. Congratulations Dad-to-be :D

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Is the netting on the hammock midgie proof or mozzie proof ?, and if so, an idea of value ?

cheers,
Toddy

p.s. Congratulations Dad-to-be :D

Thank you :)

The netting is very fine and I've never had any winged pests come in , so I'd say yes it is mozzie and midgie proof!

I paid just over £45 last year as it's an extra large, it's been used 4 times very carefully, still in perfect condition and it'll be sent via recorded delivery with tracking code so value I guess would be around £30?

If you have anything you might like to trade let me know :)

thanks

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I know the kevlar vest may be a bit odd but is there no use for it as a workable material for a creative Bushcrafter?

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
I'm looking to get a double bit hatchet, billhook and a nice knife if it tickles my fancy. If any of that's possible kev let me know ok mate!

Cowboy- if you have any pictures or model names pm me mate, cheers guys!
As I pmed you I'm making some Mocotaugan's and spoon blades tomorrow (sat ) if you fancy swapping for the hammock ;)

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
4.British Army Body Armour MK-2 kevlar vest, includes kevlar plates and hasn't been used just left in storage! (size medium)

any idea what size "medium" translates to ?

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yeah it would be a 42" chest, I'm a 44" chest but it doesn't fit my beer belly :) it opens at the side and can be widened slightly due to that. Also has front and back zipper slots for extra plates to keep the heart extra safe! Let me know if you're interested mate!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
They aren't "issue" now, and in theory are passed their useful life. If not abreaded (crawled through dirt and sand) or stored hot, DuPont reckon Kevlar vastly exceeds its nominal 5 year shelf life.

Heavy old brutes though - the postage would be lumpy!

I'd reckon the medium 38" to 40".

Trade value? not huge less than 50 more than 20 would be my guess

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
The vest was stored in a box in a cellar and was never actually issued, just stored away like lots of surplus kit. It fits my friend who is 6"1 and of a athletic/muscular build quite fine and I'd say value is around £40 considering the fact recorded delivery on a heavy item like that will be alot. But if you have any trade ideas send me a message and we can figure it out rapidboy.

Cheers

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Few more days untill I just put it on eBay or up in the loft.

Items still available!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE