Israeli FFD

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have recently swapped for some of these and they look to be a very good bandage system for lge blood capacity. Has anyone used these and if so how do they differ from British FFD. I have used the British Army ones for trauma wounds and found them up to task. Have never used these, would like some feed back thanks.

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
When I go shooting, I have both the Israeli 6" Trauma Wound Dressing & the old style MOD in case of a sucking chest wound. I have several colleagues who used the Israeli type, who rated it as "a good bit of kit" which is why I have one, I can't confirm but I was told there is a new issue MOD type on way as a result of the success of the Israeli one.

Last edited:

Genty

Tenderfoot
They differ quite widely; the FFD is a large, bulky dressing sewn into the middle of a long ( 2m?) cotton (i.e. not stretchy) bandage. his is good for applying a lot of pressure but diffucult to apply because you have to unroll the whole lot and have trailing bandage ends dangling in the filth. The opther problem is that your FFD from an army surplus supplier will probably dated to expire sometime in the the first half of the 1990's!

The Israeli style dressing is a less bulky, but equally absorbent dressing sewn to the first few inches of a wide, elasticated dressing. The key things here are:

a) Application is a doddle - apply the pad and unwind around the limb. At the end of the bandage is either a clip or pressure bar (depending on which model you have) which 'finsihes it off.

b) FFDs were great as they came in a plastic puch whcih probably was waterproof hot off the production line 20 years ago but the isreali dreing come double bagged and vacuum wrapped. These dressings can live in the bottom of your bergan for years without fear of them decomposing or becoming unsterile.

Isreaili style dressings are commercially available from First Care for around £6 from a couple of suppliers. We have just received a load of SP Services own brand "T6" dressings which we will be playing with this weekend, for around half the price. Will report back.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE