Is there a decent knife seller in Exeter

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Can anybody tell me of a decent knife seller in Exeter.

I am after either a 3.5 to 4 inch bladed bushcraft style knife or a Fallkniven F1, as I had a chance to use a friends F1 and got along with it.

I prefer to hold a knife in my hand before I buy it, just someting I prefer to do.

Thanks

Phill

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
Endicotts surplus in Fore Street sell the Mora clipper in carbon for £7.95.
Kit shop, Moorland Rambler and Taunton Leisure have mostly folding sharps in stock.
The "other" surplus shop in Exeter mainly has Rambo style or Chinese rubbish.
Happy hunting.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Cheers HH

I live in Torquay and wasn't sure if there was a decent supplier in Exeter, but it looks as though I may have to widen my search.

Can anyone give me the same info about Plymouth please

Thanks

Phill

Hobbit on a String

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2009
Aberdeenshire (Turriff)
Cant remember the name of the shop, but it is in exeter, go up magdelan road, and keep on going, the Hunting and shooting shop is opn your right hand side as you are driving, in there they have a good selection of tools,

The hobbit

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Wild Thing , I will be in Exeter fore street are Tommorow , Was ther anything in particular you were looking for Knife wise??

Happy to scout it out and give you a heads up if you want....Of course you may just need this sort of frivalous excuse to come to town to covet some sharp , shiny things!!!..

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Thanks TeeDee, that's a really nice offer.

I am waiting for some funds to come to me after an internet auction sale (you know the one that is banning knife sales)

As soon as that clears I am looking to get a 3.5 to 4" bladed bushy knife. I was considering a Fallkniven F1, but the prices have shot up lately, so not sure about that.

If you don't mind having a look for anythinh that might fit, let me know what you find and I'll go up to Exeter in a few days.

Cheers

Phill

Hobbit on a String

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2009
Aberdeenshire (Turriff)
Wild Thing, remember it is Fore St Heavitree, not Fore St in the City Centre, the only thing your going to find there is all those nice skimpy students, mhmm, now that brings back thoughts, down boy,
Or you could pop into endys down off Fore St in the centre of town and ask Kevin if he knows any decent knife sellers in the city.

Hobbit

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Hey Hobbit

MMMMM sweet smelling, young, skimpiliy clad students bring back a lot of happy memories for me as well.

I'm afraid I'm probably too old, rotund and hobbit like myself to be of any interest to them now though.

I am going to Endy's when i go in so I may just do that.

I may have a line on an F1 at a decent price now, so we will see.

But thanks for bringing back the student memories.

Phill

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
Wild Thing , I will be in Exeter fore street are Tommorow , Was ther anything in particular you were looking for Knife wise??

Happy to scout it out and give you a heads up if you want....Of course you may just need this sort of frivalous excuse to come to town to covet some sharp , shiny things!!!..

Me too,so I will have a look as well,two heads and all that. Not that I've got two heads:rolleyes:

I am also going to Endicotts to have a browse.

Hobbit I take it you are talking about Gun & Sport in Fore St. If so I have to pop in tomorrow and I'll ask Laurie what he's got. Although TBH they don't carry many knives

GS

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
Forgot about Heavitree gun and sports. There is a new gun shop in town. Sportsman in Apple lane, opposite the Sowton park and ride on the Apple trading estate. Great outdoor clothing in there. Happy hunting.

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
Forgot about Heavitree gun and sports. There is a new gun shop in town. Sportsman in Apple lane, opposite the Sowton park and ride on the Apple trading estate. Great outdoor clothing in there. Happy hunting.

Visited Sportsmans the day they opened in Apple Lane and they were buzzing.Everyone was really helpful and the service was excellent.

However I have been in several times since and TBH if you like standing there being ignored by staff deep in telephone conversation,and then when you get some help (and a couple of times I have left in disgust before that) they talk rubbish. Then SGC is the place for you.

I still get this level of service despite having made two previous complaints to one of the bosses,and being assured that it was an isolated problem which would not re occur.

Guess what? It did.

Being on several forums I know that I am not alone.
GS

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Hadn't thought of that Mace, you're right.

They do sometimes have some decent knives in their outdoor/sporting section.

I'm in Newton Abbot Tomorrow so I think I'll take a drive the extra couple of miles and have a look.

Nice one mate

Phill

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
No probs. I'm down in Devon often - got a caravan in Chudleigh. Combine Endicots and Trago I pretty much have all I need for my bushcrafting needs. Hope you find what you want.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE