is "Survive!" Video from survival school any good

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
is it that bad then ;-)

seriously PM my how much you want for the PnP and how you how you want payment e.g. cheque, bank transfer, cowrie shells, etc. and I will give it a go!

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
in a word - no!

Its more an advert for survival school than a serious educational video - far better to get yourself Lofty Wisemans Survival video - that is very good and full of tips.

Another good by product of it is that it sends my misses to sleep!

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Gary,

Do you know anywhere I can get a copy of Lofty Wiseman's video, I've had a look around but not had much luck yet,

Brian

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
To be honest I dont - I've had mine years.

I'll have a nose about and see what I can find though.

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
It's listed in the videos section of www.warbooks.com at about $65 (way down the page) but of course that suggests that it's a USA NTSC video. If you have a standard UK VCR then you need a PAL version of the tape, regardless of the fact that both versions are VHS. Might be worth enquiring, though. I'll keep hunting and let you know if I find one closer to home.

ally

Forager
Oct 15, 2003
lincoln
gary

have seen a couple recently on ebay, although i've failed to bid, will keep 'em peeled...... :shock:

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
$65 is to much for any VHS video. Let me nose around this side of the pond. Do you have conversion facilities available? The local import shop copies many PAL titles ( that master of decorum Chubby Brown :lol: ) into American format. It might be "carrying coals to Newcastle" and I don't know what copyright barriers might come up.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
in the past i've found conversions to be very expensive. my one and only ron hood video (ntsc) plays fine, withuot any convrsion.

cheers, and.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Ally what big eyes you've got!! :shock:

Ebay - ya seems like a good place to look - good idea.

The video is made or produced by BCB - its called,

OUTDOOR SURVIVAL - SAS SURVIVAL TECHNIQUES and runs for 100 minutes.

Two addresses on the back one is BCB the other is

WISEMAN PARTNERSHIP,
22 LANGLAND DRIVE
HEREFORD

So you might want to try contacting them direct - or try Lofty's survival school.

AND REMEMBER - keep em peeled!! (was that shaw taylor in crime watch?)

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
I managed to get a copy of the first video from e bay, it appears that there are 2 parts, haven't found the second one yet but am still looking.

Brian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE