Irish Get to getter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Why did nobody tell me?????? ARRRRGGH!

Not that I could have gone this weekend anyhow, general rule of thumb for Pebble, if normal people are off work I'm on double shifts.

I'd really be up for a meet, as would SWMBO, unless you want to make it a "boys" event.
Going to England at the end of the Month, Portrush the week after for a vintage vehicle run also have a wedding to go to, a Kids camping trip to orgamanize and another vehicle run to Scotland between now and the end of September, but I'm sure I could slot something in. If yez come up with anything PM me will ya?

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
No problem GreatPebbles.

I too am still very interest in an Irish meet up as there now a few of us here and sure one or two of the guys across the pond might like attend as well if they wished.

I am looking at some sites down here and maybe have two meet ups one up North and on down here. I don't think it should be too formal and I personally would have no objections to anyones better half attending or youngins if you wished but thats just me.

It might be an idea to set it up like the meeting planned for the UK ie. we agree on a site and date few weeks or months do the road everyone pays up and attains. That way it would be sure to happen. Any volunteers??

No set plan just people learning from each other and enjoying them selves.

Just my thoughts.

James

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
If someone can show me how to start fire by friction ,count me in.

RB

B

bill

i just had a great night camping in castlewellan park.four of us walked in the back route [without the rangers office ]he he ,and took off into the forrest.the place is that big ,it was easy to dissapear and find a suitable spot to rig up our own made hammocks and tarps.mine also had a flysheet but as my son was sharing the same trees as me [ strung directly above me ] the flysheet draped over us both.the other two were in bivvy bags on the ground.
it was more of a test camp to recce the park but if your quiet you can camp undetected almost anywhere.
we camped near theboundary wall and were quite high up-the view over the mournes was beautifull and the sunset stunning.

being so remote and high gave us an added bonus.there were a pair of buzzards which flew just above the trees giving us a real close look at em, and the call from them made the place a bit eerie ...i loved it!

we lit a small fire in the evening and the smoke was diffused quite a bit by the trees and undetected in the fading light.

although i woke a couple of times during the night [ as usual for me ] i must say how impressed i was with the hammock,as a seat and as a bed,and though it rained in the evening the tarp kept us and our gear bone dry :-D

if anyone fancies it some night pm me and we,ll sort something out :-D

what about it jamesyboy? larry? pebble?

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Anyone from Northern Ireland know John Hancock or been on his courses ??

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Back in the country, for a while at least.
Off on Sunday for a week or so, Tollymore looking favourite at the moment. Will be on the campsite as I don't want to push kids into anything they don't like (especially as they don't "belong" to me).

Another couple of missions to fulfil after that but up for most things. Need notice though due to work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE