Irish Army Smock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 21, 2009
Ireland
Hi Lads , does anyone know where i can get a Large or X/Large Irish Army Smock ( without paying silly evil bay prices ) and has anyone ever come across the irish army smock made by Arktis rather than Portwest ?
Thanks for any help or advice anyone can give .:
BlueTeamE:BlueTeamE:

" It's better to have it & not need it , than to need it & not have it "

kieran

Dec 10, 2009
ireland
You wont be able to get one, or at least you shouldn't. Even if you do it will be illegal to wear in the republic as its only to be worn by members of the defence forces when on duty or traveling to and from training.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
the airsoft lads go barmy over these things they wish they could get a full set of stuff but you just can't very guarded, if you get one off evilbay thats about the only place your going to get one.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
Join the the RDF (when the recruiting embargo ends that is).
Arktis only made kit for the ARW and limited issue/proof of concept trials so it was a small production run.
A few years ago they advertised Irish camo. jackets and trousers on their US website but I have not seen them since.
You could try phoning them directly to see if they have anything left or if that doesn't work ask one of the surplus traders near them to make discrete enquiries on your behalf, ie Endicotts.
Markruss Stores of Bristol sell a lot of Arktis produced gear cheaply which I think they buy directly from the factory as production overruns. Again try calling them.
http://www.yell.com/b/Marcruss+Stor...Equipment-Bristol-BS84RY-900152324/index.html
You could also try asking a serving (or ex.)PDF or RDF member to sell kit, there is always buckshee gear around or maybe a lad is stuck for cash or emigrating to Oz.
A warning though, wearing items of the Irish Army uniform (and Garda issue gear for that matter) without due cause to do so is an offence .
I've always wondered if dyeing French camo. (Central Europe, CE) a light shade of green would produce the same result Irish camo.
Happy trails...torc.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE