iphone to netgear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Got me an iphone and I cant seem to get it to connect to my wireless network.
Now I'm not sure if I am getting the password wrong for my router or I'm missing something.
My laptop connects automatically so not sure if my password is right?!?
I take it there is no way to change a password without resetting the router?
I have all the info on the router and it was easy to set up but just worried if I press the reset button I might cock something up .....help!
Dave

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What message do you get on your phone Dave ?

If the wireless is up and working for your laptop then it's just a case of setting the SSID and password. You should be able to change the SSID and password easily enough by logging onto your router. It will kick your laptop off when you change it and you'll need to enter the new details on your laptop to get back on again. If you've got a wired connection as well it'll be easier to monitor.

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
make sure your using the password which your isp gave you with the router not the password you created since. I spent 2 days trying to get my ipod wifid only to realise I had been using the wrong pw

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
ok how do i set the ssid?
ooooohhhh I think its worked how do I know its not 3g and I, am on the network?
d

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE